[SOLVED] Rx 570 Black Screen

Jan 20, 2019
I just bought an rx 570 today but it won't boot up and I've been going at it for hours trying to figure out what's wrong trying to install it but still couldn't fix it.
I've searched the internet for fixes but none went through. I've tried taking out the cmos battery, plug out for 60 seconds, DDU, manual uninstalling of drivers(safe mode and not safe mode) and others but updating bios since I don't know much about it.

I even tried leaving the gpu sit without the pcie cable and when it boots up I then plug it in. The computer then recognizes the gpu but it fails at the end of driver installation. It just gives "Error 207 - Radeon Software Installation Completed Successfully but Windows Detected a Potential Issue with Your Graphics Device".
I've no idea what to do now.

I'll include in my specs just in case it plays a role in this error or whatever it is:
i5-2400
gtx 460 se
8gb ram
450 watts psu

Solution
Looks like it doesn't work. My mobo beeps when it boots but with rx 570, it doesn't even beep. But all fans do spin.
Ok, only thing a recommended is trying in another system to check if the card is dead. The problem i had persisted till i updated to the latest version of windows 10, 1903. What output are you using on the card? Is your psu big enough? 450w minimum i think for the 570. I had loads of trouble with 580 initially. It would power up, fans would spin but no picture.
Jan 20, 2019
The psu is a corsair vs450 and no, I'm not trying to run both of them. I just read somewhere that I need to uninstall old gpu drivers and then install new ones but no luck, since whenever the rx 570 is in place it goes black screen. Fans do turn, gpu fan, cpu fan, etc.
But still no video output.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
I had a similar issue with my 580. When i first installed it, it would just display a black screen. I had to use my old gpu (vega11) go into device manager and disable the display adapter, i think it was called windows display adapter because i had uninstalled the old drivers. Shut down and then switch over to my rx580, and install the drivers. I had a thew driver problems aswel. Had to reinstall them a thew times for it to work. Get your gpu drivers from amd if you haven't.

Jan 20, 2019
I'll try to do this tomorrow and get back to you!
I had a similar issue with my 580. When i first installed it, it would just display a black screen. I had to use my old gpu (vega11) go into device manager and disable the display adapter, i think it was called windows display adapter because i had uninstalled the old drivers. Shut down and then switch over to my rx580, and install the drivers. I had a thew driver problems aswel. Had to reinstall them a thew times for it to work. Get your gpu drivers from amd if you haven't.

Jan 20, 2019
Looks like it doesn't work. My mobo beeps when it boots but with rx 570, it doesn't even beep. But all fans do spin.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Ok, only thing a recommended is trying in another system to check if the card is dead. The problem i had persisted till i updated to the latest version of windows 10, 1903. What output are you using on the card? Is your psu big enough? 450w minimum i think for the 570. I had loads of trouble with 580 initially. It would power up, fans would spin but no picture.

Solution
Jan 20, 2019
I might as well update my windows if my plan doesn't work. I'm using an hdmi since there's no vga on the card and I do have 450w so I think it is at least enough to power up 570 but still wouldn't boot even bios. My plan though, is to use my gf's newly bought mobo and processor since it's not ancient like my board right now and it's a b450 so I'm expecting it wouldn't disappoint. Just feels sad I couldn't even use it on my own system. 😭

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
I might as well update my windows if my plan doesn't work. I'm using an hdmi since there's no vga on the card and I do have 450w so I think it is at least enough to power up 570 but still wouldn't boot even bios. My plan though, is to use my gf's newly bought mobo and processor since it's not ancient like my board right now and it's a b450 so I'm expecting it wouldn't disappoint. Just feels sad I couldn't even use it on my own system. 😭
Yeah, i can't really think of anything else to suggest other then trying in a different system. Corsair vs450 isn't the best psu but 450w should be enough. Could be your mobo being old, maybe it needs a bios update. Everything worked fine with your old card?

Jan 20, 2019
Yeah, i can't really think of anything else to suggest other then trying in a different system. Corsair vs450 isn't the best psu but 450w should be enough. Could be your mobo being old, maybe it needs a bios update. Everything worked fine with your old card?
Yes, it works perfectly fine with my old card. It's just this new one that doesn't really work. It wouldn't beep just like it beeps when boots up so checking other display ports aren't gonna help. I did that bios reset but still same results. Anyways, If I'm gonna update you guys when I've tried using other system, it'll take till next year ;))

Reactions: Xbonepcnovice