Gigabyte H61M-s Motherboard
dont know which i5 3rd gen
8 gigs ddr3 ram

if we consider the lowest i5 3330,
will it be compatible for RX570 4GB

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
It will be compatible, technically, but the CPU will be a huge bottleneck in most games. I would consider a motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU upgrade at some point in the future. On that point, what PSU do you have/are planning to upgrade to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohanshegokar

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not sure how the poll stacks up vs the question?

A legit, 3GB 1060, for the right price? Absolutely.

Yes, a 570 is compatible with the H61M-S motherboard. Any remotely modern, non OEM motherboard with an available PCIe slot will support an RX570 - assuming the PSU is up to the task, of course.

As to the poll, because the question is moot, at this point....

You will not find a "legit" GTX 1060 3gb on AliExpress. Period.

"Legit" meaning that it has passed quality control tests mandated by nVidia; and, if it was "legit", it would be sold through authorized distribution channels.

If a respectable name brand will not put their badge on the product, then it's really not worth the hassle....and this is even before considering the reality that you have essentially NO MEANINGFUL WARRANTY on anything you buy on Ali.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Not speaking to the pricing being ridiculously high, but you can find plenty of legit GPUs on AliExpress.
Now, some may be used etc but:

If a respectable name brand will not put their badge on the product, then it's really not worth the hassle....and this is even before considering the reality that you have essentially NO MEANINGFUL WARRANTY on anything you buy on Ali.

Colorful are a respectable, legit name brand - and have an official store on AliExpress.

At one point, they were on track to be the second largest GPU vendor (by units shipped), second only to Palit/Galax/Gainward.
https://www.techpowerup.com/212870/...d-biggest-graphics-card-vendor-in-2015-report

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...6b-4fd4-858a-b2f3f86a7557&transAbTest=ae803_5

So I have

Gigabyte H61M-s Motherboard
dont know which i5 3rd gen
8 gigs ddr3 ram

if we consider the lowest i5 3330,
will it be compatible for RX570 4GB

Do you actually want to buy the RX 570, or the GTX 1060 3GB GPU ? Do you also also have a compatible PSU on your system ? The cards will work on your system, but it might get bottlenecked to some extent. Depends on the game being played though.

Rohanshegokar

Commendable
Jul 9, 2017
It will be compatible, technically, but the CPU will be a huge bottleneck in most games. I would consider a motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU upgrade at some point in the future. On that point, what PSU do you have/are planning to upgrade to?
i already have a 450W, might upgrade as required

Rohanshegokar

Commendable
Jul 9, 2017
Do you actually want to buy the RX 570, or the GTX 1060 3GB GPU ? Do you also also have a compatible PSU on your system ? The cards will work on your system, but it might get bottlenecked to some extent. Depends on the game being played though.

i am quite satisfied with an rx 570 4gb, just that aliexpress offers 1060 3gb at similar price.

Rohanshegokar

Commendable
Jul 9, 2017
As to the poll, because the question is moot, at this point....

"Legit" meaning that it has passed quality control tests mandated by nVidia; and, if it was "legit", it would be sold through authorized distribution channels.

it was a gigabyte card

Rohanshegokar

Commendable
Jul 9, 2017
Not speaking to the pricing being ridiculously high, but you can find plenty of legit GPUs on AliExpress.
Now, some may be used etc but:

Colorful are a respectable, legit name brand - and have an official store on AliExpress.

At one point, they were on track to be the second largest GPU vendor (by units shipped), second only to Palit/Galax/Gainward.
https://www.techpowerup.com/212870/...d-biggest-graphics-card-vendor-in-2015-report

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...6b-4fd4-858a-b2f3f86a7557&transAbTest=ae803_5
Thanks for the info man, i thought it was just another cheap chinese manufacturer

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017

i am quite satisfied with an rx 570 4gb, just that aliexpress offers 1060 3gb at similar price.
Those two cards are extremely similar in performance. The 1060 is slightly better in a few aspects, but it's hardly worth buying a sketchy Chinese GPU without proper warranties, risking damage in shipping, and things like that. Plus, the 570 has more VRAM.

TRENDING THREADS