Question RX 570 Crashing/Black Screen

Hydrecide

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
A friend of mine had an RX 570 (Gigabyte Aorus) and it seems to be crashing every 5 minutes or so. He give it to me to fix. One thing I noticed was that the GPU fans goes to like 100 because it became super noisy. I'm also pretty sure that it's not just some display issue, but rather the PC seems to crash as well. My Razer Synapse stops working and after a reset Event Viewer shows an Error 6008.

I've already replaced the thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and it doesn't seem to help :/

I'm also pretty sure it's not my PSU as everything was okay when I swapped out the RX 570 with a GTX 970...

Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Before we can rule out the PSU as you've done, we're going to need to know the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age.

What driver version are you currently working on? You would ideally need to remove drivers for your prior GPU before you dropped in the new GPU using DDU, then used the latest drivers from AMD.

Hydrecide

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
I used an EVGA 450BT and a Cooler Master V650 to test/run the GPU. I installed the RX 570 onto a clean system that I have before testing it with an Asus Strix GTX 970. I've also applied new thermal pads onto the MOS, VRM and RAM but now as soon as I turn on the the system, the GPU fans goes to max with no displays...