Question Rx 570 Driver Not Detecting

Sluggers

Reputable
May 7, 2020
hello, just recently got an rx 570 off of someone and i tried installing the drivers and it always says drivers not detected. tried DDU and still nothing. GPU Z does recognize the card though. any help would be great!

Do you mean when you try installing the drivers, it says "graphics card not detected"?

Because drivers don't get "detected", they get "installed". You don't detect drivers, you install them. After installing them, the system knows how to run the installed hardware BUT for practically any modern graphics card Windows should already be able to supply a generic universal drive for it, which means it has already detected the hardware if you have a display.

I'm willing to bet you did not move the display cable from the motherboard video output to the graphics card video output. Or, you did not connect the required PCI/PEG supplemental power connector from the PSU to the graphics card.

What is the EXACT model of the graphics card, motherboard, CPU and power supply?

Sluggers

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Do you mean when you try installing the drivers, it says "graphics card not detected"?

Because drivers don't get "detected", they get "installed". You don't detect drivers, you install them. After installing them, the system knows how to run the installed hardware BUT for practically any modern graphics card Windows should already be able to supply a generic universal drive for it, which means it has already detected the hardware if you have a display.

I'm willing to bet you did not move the display cable from the motherboard video output to the graphics card video output. Or, you did not connect the required PCI/PEG supplemental power connector from the PSU to the graphics card.

What is the EXACT model of the graphics card, motherboard, CPU and power supply?
The specs of everything is Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Tomahawk max, ddr4 corsair vengence 3200, nvme a80 ssd. RX 570 8gb XFX and a corsair CXM 750 w
I have made sure the cables were connected and the display port cable is plugged into hte graphics card

Sluggers

Reputable
May 7, 2020
I tried this, and when it was installing it came up with a message saying "
Error 192 - Radeon software install could not proceed as your system currently has restricted installation settings active."

Try right clicking the AMD installer package and selecting "Run as administrator". If that doesn't work, try going into control panel and changing the user account permissions to the lowest setting and disabling Windows defender or whatever malware and virus scanner you have installed until after you get the drivers installed.

It might not hurt to also do a full system scan for malware or virus activity, as the restricted settings seems...............off.

I'm not sure why, but you may need to do a clean install of windows to resolve this, and if you do, here's how to do that correctly.

Sluggers

Reputable
May 7, 2020
i apologize for the long wait, tried the gpu in another system with a fresh install of windows 10 and same thing, tried running as administrator and nothing, when i go into device manager it has a yellow triangle next to the '570 series" on display in device manager