[SOLVED] Rx 570 Fan Speed

toshibs2002

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
So basically what fan speed should be at while heavy gaming games like gta 5,pubg,witcher 3 maxed out settings so it doesent get to hot while still being relatively more silent than usual since i want my pc overall to be quiet.

Solution
Fan speed is determined by:
  • how much power needs to be dissipated from the GPU
  • the potential airflow of the GPU fan(s)
  • the quality of the GPU heatsink
  • the internal case temp
My RX480 fans run at 1100rpm to maintain 73C. Basically inaudible.

To achieve this, I've undervolted my GPU (while maintaining the 1305MHz core frequency) and had to re-apply thermal paste on the GPU since mine had gone bad.
Fan speed is determined by:
  • how much power needs to be dissipated from the GPU
  • the potential airflow of the GPU fan(s)
  • the quality of the GPU heatsink
  • the internal case temp
My RX480 fans run at 1100rpm to maintain 73C. Basically inaudible.

To achieve this, I've undervolted my GPU (while maintaining the 1305MHz core frequency) and had to re-apply thermal paste on the GPU since mine had gone bad.

Solution

toshibs2002

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
Well i mainly wanna focus on as low as possible fan noise and temperature while still having that juicy performance so i made one up:
1st stage:590Core clock,765mV
2nd stage:950Core clock,931mV
3rd stage:1040Core clock,960mV
4th stage:1105Core clock,960mV
5th stage:1170Core clock,960mV
6th stage:1210Core clock,960mV
7th stage:1300Core clock,960mV
I mainly copied this one from youtube video i found that has exact same graphics card model as mine,Amd radeon rx570 sapphire pulse 4gb.
Mine Asic quality is 71.1%
Look at these and give me your opinion on possible changes that work for my demands.

Try this (it's a bit aggressive, so you may need to add 5-10mV to each setting to attain stability.
1st stage:590Core clock,835mV
2nd stage:950Core clock,880mV
3rd stage:1040Core clock,895mV
4th stage:1105Core clock,910mV
5th stage:1170Core clock,930mV
6th stage:1230Core clock,955mV
7th stage:1300Core clock,1030mV

Set memory voltage to 930mV.

An important thing to understand before you start is what the Memory Voltage does. Look at the GPU core Frequency/Voltage table you've just exposed. As the GPU core frequency decreases, it needs less voltage to keep it stable. Simple. However, unlike the GPU core that can change it's frequency, the VRAM always runs at a fixed speed under load (and a single lower speed when the card is idle). There is a necessary amount of voltage required to keep that VRAM stable also. The card always feeds the GPU core voltage to the VRAM also (you can see this if you look at the VRAM Voltage Out VOUT/VID and compare that to the GPU Core Voltage VDDC in HWMonitor or HWInfo64). The "Memory Voltage" setting acts as a lower limit for the GPU core voltage to prevent feeding too little voltage to the VRAM and causing it to become unstable/crash. The reason we need to test for a minimum Memory Voltage here is to make the most out of power saving features like FRTC or Chill. If your Memory Voltage is set to the same value as the State 7 core voltage, the card may drop to lower frequencies, but the voltage will never go down. The more core States you can "open up" with a Memory Voltage that's lower than they are, the more flexibility you and/or your card has to adjust the power/heat/noise it's producing.

toshibs2002

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
Oh so i understand basically vram voltage must be less than last 3-4 stages meant for gaming so the card can operate properly after longer durations of time and doesent lower its core frequency to lower stage?

TL;DR version of my last post:
The VRAM gets the same voltage as the core. The VRAM voltage setting is a lower limit on the core/card voltage to prevent it from going too low and causing the VRAM to become unstable.

See the rest of my previous post for the remaining answers to your question.

Last edited: