RX 570 Fans @ 100% and no display on boot

matteusr

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Yesterday I've installed a RX570 and everything was fine, except that my TV only works on VGA for PC, HDMI looks very bad as it's not intended to be used that way, so I was using the HDMI and downloaded drivers, ran Unigine for a couple minutes and everything was OK.

Today i've got a DVI to VGA adapter to use the TV VGA (I already had one with my old gtx550 but was DVI-I, RX570 needs DVI-D).
Turning the system on with the adapter plugged didn't worked, so I turned off and turned on again with HDMI, everything OK. Without turning off again I plugged the Adapter again, in the moment I did that the screen gone black (no signal) and the GPU fans gone to full speed, now it's not working anymore, even on HDMI, it just doesn't display anything and the fans stay at max speed.

Is there something I can do to remedy this? I'm really desperate rn

RX 570 4gb
FX-6300
Asus M5A78L-M LX/BR Mobo
Single 4gb ram stick
Single sata ssd
Single PCI wireless cards

PSU calculator says load wattage is 338W (388W Recomended) and I have a 430W EVGA PSU.

Edit: GPU Power indicator works, no Led when plugged, Led on if not plugged. I've noticed that there's still onboard video even with gpu plugged. If I turn on like that I cant open AMD adrenaline software
Thats the same problem as this guy, except that i didnt hear any sound: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2503223/gpu-recognized-gpu-fans-100.html

Solution

No, I'm afraid there's no fixing it. It's lucky that you can return it, though.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from matteusr : "GPU fans gone full speed when i plugged dvi adapter"

matteusr

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018

It's used but the guy showed it working before he sent. Since i've bought it through a brazilian site like ebay I can still return it, but I was hoping to able to "fix" the problem, or that maybe the psu or something else was causing it.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

No, I'm afraid there's no fixing it. It's lucky that you can return it, though.

Solution

matteusr

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for your time, everyone.
I'm returning it tomorrow and I will finish building another system that i've started before buying a new gpu, maybe the problem was something on my old system that killed the GPU.