[SOLVED] Rx 570 gets to 81c at max

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
Recently brought used cheap Rx 570 from a friend to replace my 1050ti for the sake of little upgrade.. but my GPU temp go as high as 81c but it doesn't go beyond that even in longer run and also not in all games.. usually stays at 70-73
Cpu: i5 4460
Ram: Corsair 8gb
Storage: Seagate 2tb hdd
Psu: Corsair vs450
And it's asus Rx 570 oc with dual fan.
Pc case: corsair spec 01

Last edited:
Solution
Anything under 85C is nothing to worry about. Even past that, the card will reduce its frequency to prevent damage to the chip.

There's a number of things that need to be considered:
  • What is the GPU fan(s) rpm, is it too loud for your liking?
  • Obviously a RX570 draws a bit more power than a 1050Ti, so making sure you have at least 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan in your case is a good start.
  • In AMD Settings, you can utilize FRTC or Chill to save power usage when/if possible. (power=heat)
  • In AMD Settings, you can set manual voltages for your frequency curve to reduce power consumption all the time.
  • I had great results by removing/re-applying TIM to my RX480. Dropped temps by 10-12C and fan speed reduced by ~1000rpm...
Anything under 85C is nothing to worry about. Even past that, the card will reduce its frequency to prevent damage to the chip.

• Obviously a RX570 draws a bit more power than a 1050Ti, so making sure you have at least 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan in your case is a good start.
  • In AMD Settings, you can utilize FRTC or Chill to save power usage when/if possible. (power=heat)
  • In AMD Settings, you can set manual voltages for your frequency curve to reduce power consumption all the time.
  • I had great results by removing/re-applying TIM to my RX480. Dropped temps by 10-12C and fan speed reduced by ~1000rpm after repaste.
  • Etc etc.

Reactions: Matking
Solution

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015

• I had great results by removing/re-applying TIM to my RX480. Dropped temps by 10-12C and fan speed reduced by ~1000rpm after repaste.
  • Etc etc.
Replacing thermal paste by me is too risky for me.. but fans go as high as 80% but they r not that loud.. my ceiling fan is louder than that😅. Btw here it's summer time room temp is arround 30c.. pc case only has one intake fan in front.. never needed another as I was on 1050ti... Do u think I should by exhaust fan for back of cabinet or these temps are normal in summer. Usually here 9 out of 12 months are temperature cool as it snow in winter here. Thanks in advance for helping!

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I think those cards can go to 100c and still work but we of course do not wan't that. As the guru tennis2 above said 81c is fine and you ideally want 85c and below. However if it does go to 90c it will still work fine however the life of the card might reduce and the key word is might, not will ya know.

Aug 23, 2020
Recently brought used cheap Rx 570 from a friend to replace my 1050ti for the sake of little upgrade.. but my GPU temp go as high as 81c but it doesn't go beyond that even in longer run and also not in all games.. usually stays at 70-73
Cpu: i5 4460
Ram: Corsair 8gb
Storage: Seagate 2tb hdd
Psu: Corsair vs450
And it's asus Rx 570 oc with dual fan.
Pc case: corsair spec 01
81c is not an issue but u can use this 2 steps for bettor temps
1-replacing thermal past.
2-adjusting ur gpu fan setting at temperature leavel