DarkRaiden112

Prominent
Oct 1, 2020
Specs:
i7 4790
Lenovo h81m
12gb ddr3
Xfx rx 570 4gb

So recently i switched from an i5 3570 and an msi h61m board to an i7 4790 and lenovo h81m and i have been facing constant problems with display issues. My gpu doesnt display anything when the system starts up, my keyboard and mouse light up so i assume its going into windows, i tested the gpu on my brothers pc once and it didnt work properly there either. The fans spin and the pcie power led on the gpu lights up too. I know at this point some people would think the gpu is dead but it randomly works. Sometimes it randomly starts working and i get scared to even shut down the system as i fear that it'll stop working again.

I've tried the pc with integrated graphics and it never has a problem with that, i get display 100 percent of the time. Also a thing to note is whenever i plug in my monitors to my gpu they go out of sleep mode and turn on but i get no display still ?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on 12GB of ram by using a single 4GB stick and an 8GB stick of ram? If so, please stop mixing and matching sticks of ram. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

but it randomly works .
That's a sign that the GPU is on it's way out or the PSU is unable to deliver power to all components in your build.

I've tried the pc with integrated graphics and it never has a problem with that, i get display 100 percent of the time.
Yeah, it's a power issue.

DarkRaiden112

Prominent
Oct 1, 2020
Are you on 12GB of ram by using a single 4GB stick and an 8GB stick of ram? If so, please stop mixing and matching sticks of ram. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

but it randomly works .
That's a sign that the GPU is on it's way out or the PSU is unable to deliver power to all components in your build.

I've tried the pc with integrated graphics and it never has a problem with that, i get display 100 percent of the time.
Yeah, it's a power issue.
i have an antec 450 watt thats about 2 years old. but i dont think thats an issue as i tried the gpu in my brothers pc and it didnt work either and he has a cooler master 650watt 80 plus one. but i did somehow manage to make the gpu work by enabling multi monitor support in bios and booting up using my igpu on my second monitor. i installed drivers for my gpu and then connected my main display to it and it started working fine. i stress tested it and at 100 percent it consumed 125 watts for an hour no problem. how ever the weird thing is while booting up my pc i have to power off my main monitor and wait for windows to boot up before turning it on. if i leave it on while the pc is booting up i get the same no display problem and this time the igpu doesnt display anything either. so in a way ive fixed the problem and found a way to use the gpu but its still not normal behavior

TRENDING THREADS