Question Rx 570 hot while gaming

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
Hello my shappire Rx 570 itx mini is really getting hot while I'm playing games it get to 70-75c in few mins some ppl told me to undervolt I change on wattman voltage from 1150 to 1000 and also increase the fan speed to 55% 2250 Rpm still the card on around 73c
I have only one case fan
And I live in mid east temptures around 35-43 in summer
I wanted to overclock it but Im scared because even on stock undervolt it really getting hot and also my hall case from outside heating I can fell it when I put my hand on it
I want to ask if I buy 2 case fans 12mm it will help me get decent temp that I could oc it abit
Thanks

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
You can but it will run hotter. Best improve airflow in the case first if you can really. Even if you only have room for one fan, you could probably pick up a better fan without having to spend a fortune.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
As said above your current temps are fine, and you can add case fans or increase card fan speed further if you need to keep them in check while overclocking. You can also try undervolting to reduce power/heat. You may even be able to increase clock speed a bit while lowering voltage slightly such that there ends up being no real change to temperature.

Last edited:

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
I did undervolt the GPU by 150 volt
The memory run on 1500 MHz 900 volt it's not to much? I SAw ppl with 1750 on 900 volt maybe I can undervolt it get better tempture or better not mess with it

Since the VRAM frequency is constant (unlike the core) the voltage you "apply" to the VRAM is a lower limit to prevent insufficient voltage to keep the VRAM stable. The VRAM gets the same voltage as the core and voltage is tied to the core frequency. However, if you're letting your core frequency go low enough (FRTC or Chill, or underclocking) and the core is dragging voltage down with it, the VRAM voltage limit will kick in and prevent the core/VRAM from getting less than what you've set.

Have you verified that your undervolt is actually being applied? (Monitoring core voltage)

75C is perfectly normal. That's generally the target temp. Above that and fan will increase, below that and fan will decrease.

2 fans as intake into the case and 1 as exhaust is a common setup that works for most builds.

Last edited: