Question rx 570 issue with certain games (black screen, crash)

Danielusar

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I got myself a rx 570 4gb Saphire nitro last month. But now i have some issues with certain games causing my system to crash and reboot right on starting them! But it happens only on some...

I recently played Games as Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Infinite Warfare, The Sims 4 or Life is Strange totally fine at 1440p with cranked up settings. But trying to start the original Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins is causing this issue. Right after the splash screen, where the Game would usually start, i just hear my CPU Cooler kicking up, and nothing happens. Now i can either press the Reset Button on my case, or wait around 20-30 Seconds to let the System Reboot by itself.

I already tried to clean uninstall all Drivers of Nvidia, Intel and also the AMD ones with DDU, and reinstall the recent stable AMD Drivers for it.

I already spend a good bunch of hours into trying to fix this issue now. But i guess the usual Recommendations based on Power or Heat issues can't be the answer, since then i would not be able to play something as Modern Warfare and co. just fine. Could it be some Software issue or something?

I really need some help with this.

Danielusar

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I have a BeQuiet! Pure Power 9 600W PSU.

CPU : Ryzen 1700
RAM : 16Gb DDR4

The GPU Temps were usually somewhere in the Range of 60-70c, depending on the load.
CPU is mostly at 50c or so, since it is cooled by a Scythe Mugen 5.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019
I found a fix that worked for me. I uninstalled all my gpu drivers using 'Display Driver Uninstaller.exe', and not reinstall them, then everything worked fine.