Rx 570 new problems

Mar 15, 2018
So I got an rx 570 a year ago and it's worked fine all this time, 2 days ago I overclocked it up 15% and it ran fine for awhile and then the grass texture in fallout 4 turned into like flat pieces of concrete and when I went to close the game the whole entire pc reset, now sometimes while I play it ctd's with no error randomly after a random amount of time and if the screen falls asleep I get rainbow static sometimes. Did I kill my gpu

Solution
15% is a huge overclock on a modern AMD card, but I doubt you killed it, usually they just crash if the overclock is too high.

I assume you've removed the overclock? It could be you need to either reinstall the drivers and if that doesn't work then flash the BIOS....this does have it's own risks, but is usually fine if you don't do anything stupid.
15% is a huge overclock on a modern AMD card, but I doubt you killed it, usually they just crash if the overclock is too high.

I assume you've removed the overclock? It could be you need to either reinstall the drivers and if that doesn't work then flash the BIOS....this does have it's own risks, but is usually fine if you don't do anything stupid.

Solution
Mar 15, 2018

Yes I immediately removed the overclock haha, actually Radeon reset it for me but I did a factory reset in amd settings.
I'll try reinstalling the drivers for sure.
When you say flash the bios do you mean the gpu itself's bios? Never flashed a gpu before

Yes, the GPU BIOS itself. It's actually quite common as updated BIOS versions often fix bugs that may exists in older versions. You'll need the correct BIOS from the card's manufacturer, don't use the wrong one or you may "brick" the card. There are videos on Youtube as to how to flash the BIOS.

Mar 15, 2018

Great! thanks for the quick replies! I hope it's as easy as flashing a motherboard, I've had to do that a lot lately to a few pcs haha. Thanks for the input takes a lot of weight of the ol' shoulders thought I had killed it for sure. I'll try the drivers and then the flash