Question RX 570 on 380W PSU (Seasonic Gold)

May 31, 2019
So i just purchased a PC like 2 weeks back. I have this jagged lines and tearing in all my games even if its maxed out at 1080p and ultra settings. I tried everything, enabling VSync, enforcing AA... Every single thing... I had this somewhat in mind that the 380W Gold PSU is not sufficient enough and is throttling the performance of the card. Would upgrading the PSU solve the problem? Need help.

PC SPECS
i5 4570
1 TB HDD
8 GB DDR3 RAM (4x2)
128 GB SSD
RX 570 Asus Strix OC Edition

Actually, AMD recommends a minimum of 450 Watts PSU for the RX 570. Which exact model is that PSU ? FOCUS PLUS Gold ? I think the problem might also be with your GPU as well, instead of power/PSU, but I'm just making a guess here.

Please list FULL PC specs. Does your Motherboard has support for onboard graphics ? Are you also getting some "artifacts" while Gaming ? Because, screen tearing is different, and so is AA. I won't doubt your power supply to be the culprit right now though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irtiza421
May 31, 2019
Actually, AMD recommends a minimum of 450 Watts PSU for the RX 570. Which exact model is that PSU ? FOCUS PLUS Gold ? I think the problem might be with your GPU as well, instead of power/PSU, but I'm just making a guess here.

Please list FULL PC specs. Does your Motherboard has support for onboard graphics ? Are you also getting some "artifacts" while Gaming ? Because, screen tearing is different, and so is AA.
I don't remember the exact model of the PSU as the PC is in my home right now and I just posted this from my laptop sitting in my office :p.
One other thing to mention is that like after 2-3 days of normal usage, my card started making some weird noises. It wasn't the coil whine or something. It was coming from one of the fans of the card. Like some screetching noise or something...

My motherboard does support onboard graphics yes.
And there aren't any artifacts to be seen while gaming though, just random screen tearing which makes the games look like some crap from the 90's

Then maybe there is some fault with the card ? Just make sure the PSU is not making any coil whine noise though.....Screen tearing might also be related to what in-game settings you have applied, along with the AMD control panel settings, under the Radeon software.

Btw, have you tried to clean re-install of the GPU drivers ? use this DDU tool. What's the make and model number of your MONITOR ? Mention the screen resolution, as well as the Refresh rate/Hz value.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Irtiza421
May 31, 2019
Then maybe there is some fault with the card ? Just make sure the PSU is not making any coil whine noise though.....Screen tearing might also be related to what in-game settings you have applied, along with the AMD control panel settings, under the Radeon software.

Btw, have you tried to clean re-install of the GPU drivers ? use this DDU tool. What's the make and model number of your MONITOR ? Mention the screen resolution, as well as the Refresh rate/Hz value.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
So i will be taking my PC to the retailer from which i've bought the PC from. PSU ain't making any coil whine noise, its clearly coming from the GPU Fan. I've tried all the settings available on the internet that will eliminate any sort of in-game tearing or jagged lines but none of them worked. My monitor is a lenovo having a native resolution of 1440x900. It runs on this native resolution at 75hz.