Question RX 570 PC Crashing (Black screen and audio Stutter)

basarbasar

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
Hello. Ive upgraded my pc today from a 1050 ti to a rx 570. i havent had any problems with 1050 ti (no crashing). I sold my 1050 ti and bought a 570 . I was testing apex legends and it was running beautifully on highest settings at 65C but then my pc crashed . the screen immediately went black and the audio start looping and i had to shut down. This happens every 3 or 5 minutes only while gaming. I did broke the latch on the pci e slot though and i really struggled to install the card. I downgraded my drivers from 19.2.2 to 19.1.1 but it didnt work. Is my graphics card faulty?

Specs:
RX 570 Pulse (Dual Fan)
i5 4590 (Stock cooler 75 Degrees under load)
12GB Ram (3x4)
Windows 10
Zalman ZM700-LX 700 Watt PSU

Last edited:

basarbasar

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
Power should be fine even though quality isn't the greatest , probably slot issue.
Put it in another slot but again a black screen after a few minutes. No audio this time
I can still see the yellow part on the back of the graphics card but it doesnt click in

edit: also i noticed that the performance was bad. apparently the slot is pcie 4x.

do you think i damaged the other slot? im gonna try that slot again
im going to turn the pc sideways so that it doesnt hang.

edit2: didnt work.... still black screen with audio loop. ill do a memtest
underclocking might work because its fine during web browsing.

Last edited:

basarbasar

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
UPDATE! my pc crashed twice today but it was very different. first time it crashed the audio kept going for like 3 seconds, and the second time the game soundtrack just kept going, it still froze and made buzzing sounds for a few seconds but shortly after it was still playing. it was playing until i shut it down. so the display went black but the audio kept going, does that mean my gpu is defective?
if i alt tab or shift tab while under load the pc crashes.... weird https://www103.zippyshare.com/v/C9EhadbH/file.html here, my hwinfo logs. are voltages ok?

Last edited: