[SOLVED] RX 570 power/display issues

Oct 24, 2020
Hey there ,
I recently upgraded my system from a R9 270x to a (used) RX 570.
Initial setup went fine but I noticed that after a few hours of idling the HDMI signal from the GPU would cut (rest of the system is running fine) and in order to get it back I'd have to completely remove the power cord from the PSU or unplug the 6pin connector for a few minutes. A simple restart didn't fix it.
I also noticed that the same thing happened after like 20minutes of running BFV.
Im running a 550w antec PSU so on paper it should be enough

What do you guys think I can do?

Oct 24, 2020
Can you try another GPU in your PC?
Can you try your GPU in another PC?

Try another monitor cable.
Try another GPU port.
I unfortunately don't have access to another PC so I popped my old 270x back in the system and it works perfectly fine.
It worth noting that the 270x consumes less power than the 570 while being powered by two 6pin connectors as opposed to the single 6pin powering the 570.

Is there a possibility that the PSU is failing to deliver enough power or is the GPU busted?

EDIT: I also wanna mention that a few days ago when I got it it worked alright and I got appropriate FPS in all games I played. It only today that it wont even make it past the windows logging page before giving me no signal and having the fans turn off

Last edited: