RX 570 Problem

Jul 10, 2018
2 days ago I bought a used rx 570 for a decent price for 140 USD the problem I have is when I overclock it I have to undervolt it otherwise the card won't reach its target clock, for example, I was able to achieve 1450 mhz core clock but I had to do -50Mv in order to reach this clock but I had soo much instability issues and if I tried to OC it with max voltage the won't even go above 1100 mhz even with +50% watt,, it appears with high voltage the card won't go anything above 1100 mhz and with low voltage the card go as much as I push it but it cant be stable even when overclocked to 1300 mhz (56 mhz above original clock ) I get instability issues,, is my card dying or its just extremely bad silicon ? my card is gigabyte rx 570 gaming

Solution
The 5xx series are overclocked 4xx Polaris. Although your core OC isn't terribly high, you may have simply gotten the shaft on the silicon lottery. What is the make/model of your GPU?

Its common for 5xx series cards to hit a wattage limit, so you're doing the right thing undervolting to open up more power for higher frequency. In AMD WattMan, you could try switching from the "%" Frequency to "Dynamic" which exposes the P states. That gives you the ability to set a voltage for each of the 7 P states.

The GloFo 14nm process inflects at ~950mV, so the freq/voltage curve above that point will be steeper than below it. The voltage you set for your VRAM will also set the lowest Vcore under load (ie 900mV on VRAM means the Vcore will...
The 5xx series are overclocked 4xx Polaris. Although your core OC isn't terribly high, you may have simply gotten the shaft on the silicon lottery. What is the make/model of your GPU?

Its common for 5xx series cards to hit a wattage limit, so you're doing the right thing undervolting to open up more power for higher frequency. In AMD WattMan, you could try switching from the "%" Frequency to "Dynamic" which exposes the P states. That gives you the ability to set a voltage for each of the 7 P states.

The GloFo 14nm process inflects at ~950mV, so the freq/voltage curve above that point will be steeper than below it. The voltage you set for your VRAM will also set the lowest Vcore under load (ie 900mV on VRAM means the Vcore will only go as low as 900mV in the P-states)

Also, make sure you're not choking yourself off by setting too low of a Target/Max temp. 80C is perfectly fine. I've seen some people setting 65C as a max and can't understand why their card isn't performing well.

Solution
Jul 10, 2018

so its normal thing that my card behave like that . or should i ask for refund my . my temp limit is 90C

Well, reference RX570 has a 1244MHz boost clock (1168MHz base, which is the guaranteed one)...so if you're pushing it to 1450MHz, that's pretty good by today's standards.

Again, depending on the specific brand/model of your card, the "guaranteed" clocks may be slightly (5%) higher than reference.