Question RX 570 shows 0 MHz Mem and Clock speed

Mar 31, 2019
Hi Guys,

I've got myself a used RX 570 8GB Sapphire yesterday.
I came home, installed driver, but the performance is horribly, rather non existent.
Games run at (no shit) less than 1 FPS.

In GPU-Z, it shows really weird stuff (screenshot http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/03/31/4vp.png )

I have tryied several driver versions (19... Adrenali several versions, 16... Crimson).

I uninstalled every graphics driver with DDU and AMD uninstallation utility, several times.

Has anyone ever seen a graphics card run at 0mhz and running at 100% load all the time, as seen in the screenshot (http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/03/31/4vp.png)

Thanks

Mar 31, 2019
Additionally, I'm running a little bit of an oder system with the card:
And fx6300 stock clock speed
16gb hyperx red ddr3 ram
Asus asus m5a78l-m/usb3

I do not get any Audio over HDMI from the graphics card

Is this a LEGIT GPU ? From where did you buy this card ? Can you post some pics of the actual Video card/BOX, if possible......If you have properly installed the GPU drivers, then it shouldn't be saying, ""Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"...

Something isn't right. Do one thing. Open the GPU-Z tool once again, and click on the "LOOKUP" button. Does clicking on it take you to the TechpowerUp's GPU database ??

post-62868-0-34992500-1426428088.gif

Reactions: Banned by Net
Mar 31, 2019
Hmmm......That's actually a bit strange. Nah, I don't think this is a compatibility issue with your motherboard, IMO, else you wouldn't be able to boot your PC (but I'm not sure). Why are the Temp and VDDC values minus and blank as well ??

Which PSU are you using with this card ? Have you properly connected all the PCI-e connectors/cables, and made sure the card is well seated on the PCI-e mobo slot.

Mar 31, 2019
I've got a 750Watt PSU, off brand, basically new (bought 2 weeks ago), all the connectors and the card itself seem to be perfectly installed, I thought of the powerconector before, rearrange them and all that, but no difference. Also reinstalling windows to another partition didnt do anything at all, same issue

Mar 31, 2019
Yoooo I flipped the "BIOS switch" on my Rx 570 and now everything is working perfectly fine!!!! I suppose when the card was used for Mining, they used a custom BIOS, I'm at the main factory bios now OMG I'm so happy thanks for your help bruh!!!

PSU: 1life ps:jet 700W

Please kindly don't use this PSU.....I've never heard of this brand before...Could also be a cheap/generic PSU model. Never skimp on the PSU. I can't stress this enough. Anyways, with regards to the BIOS switch, that could be a backup video card BIOS (or maybe it's used for overclocking).

But unless your card is bricked, don't flip the switch. Else, you can do it. Did you mine the card ?

EDIT: Oh, it seems the card is working fine now...Didn't see your post before while typing.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS