Question Rx 570 temperature reaching 89 Celsius

Mar 24, 2019
I recently bought an rx 570. All games are running perfectly but temperature is really high. When I play games in ultra setting, all under 4 gb vram, temperature is reaching 80 - 89 Celsius. Fps is great. I am worried whether the graphics card may be defective. Does this this temperature shorten the life of gpu or any other components??
The gpu is asus rog strix rx 570
Cpu i3 8100
Room temperature 30

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What make/model RX570 did you purchase? Did you buy a new one, or one that was previously used?

What are your CPU and GPU temperatures at idle and under load?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Please describe the airflow (number of fans and orientation) of your case.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
If its a used GPU it could be that it was handled improperly. My advice is to look up a video on how to disassemble your model, replace the thermal paste and clean the fans and try to suck up any dust in the card. But it could also be that you have poor airflow in your case. If its a new card, then you should probably see if anyone else has the same problem with your model GPU and if so, how did they solve it.

Mar 24, 2019
What make/model RX570 did you purchase? Did you buy a new one, or one that was previously used?

What are your CPU and GPU temperatures at idle and under load?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Please describe the airflow (number of fans and orientation) of your case.
Cpu i3 8100
Gpu rog strix rx 570 oc edition 4 gb.
It is oc edition. But I play games in normal mode of 1300 gpu clock. At idle conditions cpu temperature is 35-40 and the same for gpu. There is one outflow fan in the cabinet. Cpu temperature at load is 60 Celsius (max) and gpu temperature is 89 Celsius

Mar 24, 2019
If its a used GPU it could be that it was handled improperly. My advice is to look up a video on how to disassemble your model, replace the thermal paste and clean the fans and try to suck up any dust in the card. But it could also be that you have poor airflow in your case. If its a new card, then you should probably see if anyone else has the same problem with your model GPU and if so, how did they solve it.
It is a new gpu. Doesnt disassembing void the warranty?

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
It is a new gpu. Doesnt disassembing void the warranty?
Yeah that's what I figured, why I said if you got it used I'd take it apart since I do not know if you got it new off newegg or amazon or second-hand on eBay or craigslist. Anyways the problem is probably airflow, in my friends' HTPC graphics cards tend to get pretty toasty doing 80c+ under load.