550w thermaltake psu, new
amd a10 7800 cpu
6gb ram
both PCI-E cables plugged into the gpu
yes i'm using the DVI port in the gpu

Xalrider

Reputable
Mar 2, 2020
Your slow A10-7800 and non-dual channel (and less than 8GB) of RAM is not going to do you any favors in frame rate consistency.

What is the GPU frequency and temperature under load? (use something like FurMark for loading)
GPU temps are around 55c on furmark
cpu is running on the 65w config, so 3.5ghz - 3.9 boost

Xalrider

Reputable
Mar 2, 2020
Hmmmm.....55C at what % fans? That's pretty low temp.

What's the frequency under load? Is the frequency consistent or does it bounce around?
in furmark it's consistent, playing CSGO and DayZ the usage jumps around from 0% to 80-100% every second, and the fps is lower than should be
also the power usage seems very low, around 45-50 watts all the time when playing, when in furmark it jumps to 150

don't think that is the case,
found a guy with the exact same problem, he has a similar gpu - RX 580
he has a ryzen 5 1600 cpu, yet it still does the same thing

Someone already told you where your system weakness are.

slow A10-7800 and non-dual channel (and less than 8GB) of RAM is not going to do you any favors in frame rate consistency.

You're using a slow APU CPU, running in single channel memory and you have 6GB of RAM. This is why your games go from 160 to 60.

The Ryzen 5 1600 is ~75% faster than the A10-7800.

So in conclusion. You have a lot of stuff slowing down performance and fps consistency.

Xalrider

Reputable
Mar 2, 2020
Someone already told you where your system weakness are.

slow A10-7800 and non-dual channel (and less than 8GB) of RAM is not going to do you any favors in frame rate consistency.

You're using a slow APU CPU, running in single channel memory and you have 6GB of RAM. This is why your games go from 160 to 60.

The Ryzen 5 1600 is ~75% faster than the A10-7800.

So in conclusion. You have a lot of stuff slowing down performance and fps consistency.
yes, the processor is weaker than the ryzen one, but his system is a lot better than mine, yet the problem is the same, do you think there's some other issue?

yes, the processor is weaker than the ryzen one, but his system is a lot better than mine, yet the problem is the same, do you think there's some other issue?

Yes. You can't just compare 2 systems like that and think it's the same issue. The other system you're looking at having the same kind of issue could be unrelated as to why it's happening. It won't help you looking at other systems like that. It will only confuse you and you will have even more questions.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

There are a billion reasons to have performance issues and any rig from an IBM 286 to a Threadripper can have performance issues. That someone with a more powerful rig than yours is having vaguely similar performance issues doesn't really mean anything. You do have a severely limited CPU.

Xalrider

Reputable
Mar 2, 2020
Yes. You can't just compare 2 systems like that and think it's the same issue. The other system you're looking at having the same kind of issue could be unrelated as to why it's happening. It won't help you looking at other systems like that. It will only confuse you and you will have even more questions.
well, what gpu would you recommend for me to get, i've been thinking of getting a 1060 3gig instead

Keep in mind also, that the Ryzen 1600 can still cause CPU limitations in games like CS:GO that are so GPU-simple that framerates are astronomical.
To a certain degree, frame rates in CS:GO are directly proportional the CPU you have and NOT [necessarily] the GPU.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Why are you insisting on changing the GPU when you have been told, by people who are clearly able to back their reasoning, that the CPU and memory are your limiting factors?

Furthermore, why on earth would you try to fix the problem by installing a SLOWER GPU?

If you wanted to ignore any and all advice that you were given, and instead do something counterproductive, then why did you bother asking for help in the first place?

Apr 17, 2020
Sorry but i also have a similar problem..im using amd ryzen 5 2400g and rx570 3gb and im not running any games but the amd radeon software shows that the gpu usage jumps from 0 to 100 and back to 0 and after a second goes back to 100...anyone help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.