Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Is it worth to wait for that?

With everything we know about AMD are the slightly higher prices and probable termal problems worth the wait?

Should I wait for it to be launched to see if prices from both sides will get lower?

If you wish you can wait, though Nvidia is also going to release new "refresh" TURING RTX GPUs, dubbed as SUPER, and it might be worth checking on this as well. These new cards are going to faster than previous RTX counterparts, and they are also going to be cheap, if rumors are anything to go by.

Honestly, I don't think the RX 5700 would be a worthy upgrade, based on the leaked specs/benchmarks.

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
If you wish you can wait, though Nvidia is also going to release new "refresh" TURING RTX GPUs, dubbed as SUPER, and it might be worth checking on this as well. These new cards are going to faster than previous RTX counterparts, and they are also going to be cheap, if rumors are anything to go by.

Honestly, I don't think the RX 5700 would be a worthy upgrade, based on the leaked specs/benchmarks.

These "SUPER" series, are they going to impact the prices on current RTX cards?

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
According to Videocardz and other sources, most probably Nvidia will make an announcement next week. But, however, the GeForce RTX 20 Super series will not launch till mid-July. NVIDIA has only just started talking to AIBs about the new series, and the time for a Turing refresh preparation is obviously still required.

https://videocardz.com/81046/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-series-to-launch-mid-july

Acording to the provided spreadsheet, the line concerning the 2060 and 2060 Super, I don't see a lot of improvement. Could this mean the prices won't shift that much or the current prices will stay static while the super fluctuate with time?

Acording to the provided spreadsheet, the line concerning the 2060 and 2060 Super, I don't see a lot of improvement.
One notable improvement would be if the refreshed 2060 gets 8GB of VRAM, as is rumored. Especially if targeting a higher resolution like 1440p, the 2060's 6gb seems a bit low, at least as far as future games are concerned. Those games will likely run fine on 6GB, but you may see reduced frame rate stability in some of the more demanding titles as time goes on. The 1070, which performs roughly similar to a 1660 Ti, and the 1070 Ti, which performs more like a 2060, both offered 8GB. AMD has even been offering 8GB options on their RX 470/480/570/580 cards for the last few years, which have been targeting much lower price points and are intended more for 1080p. The 5700 also has 8GB, and will apparently offer around 10% more performance than a 2060 overall, though it has a higher MSRP to match.

Those rumored specs also show the "Super" 2060 as having about 13% more cores than the existing model though, so I would expect its performance in most games to be pretty similar to the 5700, if that pans out. What it comes down to is pricing. I have some doubts that they would price refreshed models much lower than the current ones, though if they are not priced higher, I could see prices of the existing models being reduced.