[SOLVED] RX 5700 XT colorful horizontal lines

Sep 3, 2019
Hi. I've bought XFX RX 5700 XT THICC graphic card and install it to completely new system. Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus rog strix x570 e gaming. It works fine and shows a high performance in games, but when pc switches from full screen mode to window and vice verca, then colorful lines appear.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiTjGZfIrzCmbqZ_8WGOqrZEq3g?e=JDFwsE
They appear for sever miliseconds and then gone. I have a question, is it a problem of GPU or it si driver issue? And how to get rid of it?

Have you checked the Monitor cables ? But those colorful lines/artifacts are also indicating that a fault might be there with your Video card. It might be defective, but first you need to test the GPU on some other PC as well, to rule this out.

Make and model of your PSU, and rest of your PC components ? I don't think a driver might be causing this behavior.

Sep 3, 2019
Have you checked the Monitor cables ? But those colorful lines/artifacts are also indicating that a fault might be there with your Video card. It might be defective, but first you need to test the GPU on some other PC as well, to rule this out.

Make and model of your PSU, and rest of your PC components ? I don't think a driver might be causing this behavior.
I tried with two diff hdmi cables. One was a new and the second I already use with my Xbox. With both cables I have the same result. I tested my monitor with laptop and it is working well, w/o any artifacts.

My comoonents:
Ryzen 7 3700X, Asus rog strix x570 e gaming, G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16, corsair MP600 1Tb, Xfx rx 5700xt, Seasonic focus plus gold 850w.

I also noticed, that it happens when I start my pc, before windows is loaded and when I shutdown. When I change monitor refresh rate from 59 to 60 it is blinking and artefact appears. Unfortunately I cannot test it with other PC :(