Question RX 5700 XT compatibility issue with Biostar H310MHC2

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT graphics card (used from eBay) and have been trying to get it to work with my Biostar H310MHC2 motherboard, but it simply will not boot.
The fans on the card start spinning for less than one second, but then the system auto reboots. This loop can keep going endlessly.
I have tried different power cables, switching the PCI-E slots, (didn't update BIOS, would this be an appropriate approach?) and even clearing the CMOS, but nothing has worked so far.
I am starting to believe there may be some compatibility issues between the card and the motherboard.
Has anyone else had this issue or knows a solution? I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Today I took my RX 5700 XT to the office and replaced the RTX 3080 that was in a computer there and my RX 5700 XT worked flawlessly. This confirms that the GPU is in perfect working condition.

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
Motherboard: Biostar H310MHC2
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2 x 8 GB)
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
PSU: GIGABYTE P750GM

Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xq5WNSN5vUU

Last edited:

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Pc boots this way, but unfortunately no signal to the monitor. Also, the gpu doesn’t even turn its LED lights.
I’d rule out a PCIe slot issue, as my 1060 3gb is working fine.

TRENDING THREADS