Win 10 64bit
RX5700 XT TUF
Ryzen 5 1600x
2x SATA SSD
Masterwatt 650w
B350-Plus
16gb RAM

EDIT: Im using DP cable to connect GPU to 144hz 1440p Samsung Space -screen

No overclockin, all default setting except disabled some AMD quality enchantment settings.

Problem:
Screen disconnects occasionally when playing games like Apex or Borderlands 3, but games like D3 or Heroes of the Storm are all good. When screen disconnects hard reset from power button fixes it like nothing happened.
I have tried several versions of drivers and always by doing DDU first and I also flashed new bios in which at least felt like to help a bit. (Was able to do couple of longer Apex sessions)

Read some forums and tried little tricks but nothing seems to help so far.

One thing I'm guessing as cause would be the wiring from my PSU. When I originally built this unit couple years ago I tossed away one or two modular cables. So im feeding my 5700 XT thru one dedicated PCIE cable that is divided to 6-pin and 8-pin. Also tried feeding with one 6-pin from that PCIE cable and 8pin from 2x molex adapters but that didnt affect at all. Also tried to look up way to buy replacement for modular cable I threw away back in day but cant find any fitting ones from online.

Question: Could this problem be caused by wiring from my PSU to 5700 XT and if so does any1 know where to get those modular PCIE cables for CM masterwatt 650w? Or any other ideas to try aside from getting new PSU ?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019
Your PSU is the likely problem. If it is not producing the power needed, this will happen when under load. I would suggest you replace your PSU. What is your budget for such a change?

I will get corsair 750 rmx if needed. Thing is 650w even from bronze SHOULD be enough and from what I know CM Masterwatts arent the worst out there in general. I dont have deep knowledge in PSU:s so was just wondering if I could just fix the issue by improving the wiring somehow? Since it originally came with 2 PCIE cables so there should be the juice needed for those.

Dec 14, 2019
The Corsair would be better. Wiring with your current PSU is likely not the problem. Rather, it is the quality and capability of your current PSU.

Alright, got the new PSU (Corsair rm 750x) but same issue still persists. Also updated to latest driver from AMD that was released couple days ago. Any other ideas to test out?