Question RX 5700 XT Dual Monitor Issues... Help!

Nov 8, 2020
I built my first PC last week and from the beginning I’ve had issues whenever I connect a 2nd monitor to my Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB AORUS video card.

The problem I’m having is once I connect the 2nd monitor (both are Acer XF240H monitors) it detects it and extends my display, but after a few minutes or so the monitors do dark and my Motherboard cycles the Q-LED lights from orange to red and then it just stays on the white VGA LED light status. The graphics card, CPU cooler, and motherboard remain powered but all I get is nothing on my monitors (black no signal). I reboot the computer and both monitors turn on and it lasts longer. It seems to happen like every other boot up of the computer... I haven’t recorded the frequency of it.

With 1 monitor I have no issues. I’ve installed the latest AMD driver (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1) and off the AORUS Engine I have VGA Driver version (V27.20.1020.1) installed. I also used the program Driver Easy to scan for updated drivers and I am up to date on all drivers.

Yesterday, I changed out the Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (WiFI) MoBo for the Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming ATX AM4 MoBo to see if the MoBo was the issue as I’ve heard some users having issues with TUF Gaming... As soon as I got the computer up and running and the 2nd monitor was connected a few minutes later and the same thing happened... disconnects monitors and goes into VGA LED status on the MoBo. I rebooted the computer and kept the 2nd monitor connected left it alone for several hours with computer and monitors going to sleep mode and no issues.

My next plan in troubleshooting is getting a GPU from a local store and connecting it to the MoBo to see if the same problem presents itself. I’ve tried both DP and HDMI cables and have changed out them out.

Here are my specs for my computer:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming ATX AM4 and Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (WiFi)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL 16
Storage: Crucial P1 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB AORUS
Power: Corsair RM (2019) 750W 80 + Gold certified Fully modular ATX PSU
Monitor: 2 x Acer XF240 H

Has anyone else experienced this issue and does anyone have any other suggestions on what I should do? Did I miss any steps in properly setting up dual monitors?

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS