Question RX 5700 XT Green screen and reboot

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Hello, I have this system:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X (Driver 20.10.1)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHZ C16
PSU: Corsair TX650M
SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe

My problem is that when I'm gaming, I get screen flickering and after a while I get a green screen for a sec and then a system reboot.
I had this problem since I built this PC 3 weeks ago with version 20.9.1 and I tried reinstalling it with DDU but still had the problem as well with the newer driver 20.10.1. I thought it was a borderless window mode fault but I had a crash on full screen mode too even when I ran on a single monitor (I use double monitor). I sent a ticket on AMD and they only told me to update to the latest driver which didn't work. All components are running on stock clocks so it's not an OC fail. I had this problem on COD MW: Warfare, Forza Horizon 4, Rocket League and still haven't got it on League of Legends. Temps are normal (CPU ~ 75oC, GPU ~ 70oC). On event viewer I get a CPU Cache Hierarchy Error as a restart cause.

I don't know what else should I try. Any help would be very appreciated.

mact

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Do you have a different GPU you could put in to test? I was getting weird behavior with my 5700X (very very slow boots with W10 seeming to be running an installation or setup routine) and that all went away when I replaced it with an RX580.

ASK THE COMMUNITY