Question RX 5700 XT -- High Latency after driver update ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kegami

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Hello, i have a problem with my 5700xt after driver updates, sometimes sounds lagging. On 20.9.1 driver my latency was ok, but always after i install newest drivers latencymon show me stable 500 latency. And if i off my internet adapter in windows latency drop to normal.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Only full cleaning of all AMD drivers and installing drivers 20.9.1 and older helps me.

Jun 17, 2021
I actually found whats causing the problem. My father does not have a second monitor. As I said, he doesn't get these issues. Then I unplugged my second monitor and i have low latencys. The moment i plugged it in and actually used programs on the second monitor, I got the high latencys again. Could you try to use only one monitor. If it is the same for you, I will write that to the amd expert, I'm in contact with.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021
5700xt sapphire nitro+. Thank you for info about new BIOS i will try it

I actually found whats causing the problem. My father does not have a second monitor. As I said, he doesn't get these issues. Then I unplugged my second monitor and i have low latencys. The moment i plugged it in and actually used programs on the second monitor, I got the high latencys again. Could you try to use only one monitor. If it is the same for you, I will write that to the amd expert, I'm in contact with.

TRENDING THREADS