Question rx 5700 xt or rtx 2070 super?

Nov 22, 2019
i am going a pc at this month. I'm quite confused about graphics cards between rx 5700 xt or rtx 2070 super . so my goal is performence and future proofing . i dont have money consideration (thanks)

2070 Super then, its more powerful by about 10-15% then the 5700XT. More so if you get one of the EVGA FTW3 models which can be overclcoked quite high from my understanding.

As far as future proofing, its somewhat a pipe dream with how things are. Every generation of GPU seems to knock down the last gen a tier or more.

i think both can have it's pro and con. but personally i still like nvidia better because driver wise nvidia tend to work better with older games which i do often re-play from time to time. if cost not an issue to you then maybe try looking what kind of games you will be playing.

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Unlike the 2070 Super, RX 5700 XT has some specific models which are pretty good in terms of temps, and others are horrible. Both GPUs are very close in performance while 2070 Super being 5-15% faster on average while being much pricier. So it is upto you and your budget, as for me, a good 5700xt and a regular 2070S prices were the same, so even though I wanted to buy the first, I went with the latter. What models of both cards available at your place and what are their prices, kindly let us know.