Question RX 5700 XT recommendation

Iniaskle

Great
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

I bought the ASRock RX 5700 XT Challenger but sadly there is something wrong with it's right fan. Still i've noticed that it is a pretty loud card at high temps. I'm obviously gonna RMA it so that I can get a new one. I live in Belgium and I got that ASROCK one for 450 euro's, There is a sale on the XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II. I can also get it for 450 euro's. Is this a good deal or should I go for another one? I don't want the most quiet but not the loudest.

Thanks

Mrgr74

Upstanding
Sep 2, 2019
Hi Iniaskle,

1st off, I'm jealous as hell. Because while I love my 1060, I REALLY want an 5700 XT. So congrats there. :)

As for brands, I'm surprised about the Asrock card having a fan issue. I read they were great cards overall with their beefier cooling vs the reference cards designs. That and AsRock itself being a good brand, at least in my experience. I've never owned an XFX branded GPU so I can't answer there, but I have owned several Sapphire branded GPU's and they have always served me well.

Iniaskle

Great
Mar 5, 2019
Hi Iniaskle,

1st off, I'm jealous as hell. Because while I love my 1060, I REALLY want an 5700 XT. So congrats there. :)

As for brands, I'm surprised about the Asrock card having a fan issue. I read they were great cards overall with their beefier cooling vs the reference cards designs. That and AsRock itself being a good brand, at least in my experience. I've never owned an XFX branded GPU so I can't answer there, but I have owned several Sapphire branded GPU's and they have always served me well.
I understand 100% why you are jealous, The fan makes a weird noise but still works fine. I've tested some games and I'm damn impressed. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus at maximum settings gave me 250-300 fps o_O. It's paired with a ryzen 5 3600 btw. I will go with the xfx one just because it's on sale, it has a small bit of rgb and I love rgb so yeah. And I've heard that it cools very well

Mrgr74

Upstanding
Sep 2, 2019
I understand 100% why you are jealous, The fan makes a weird noise but still works fine. I've tested some games and I'm damn impressed. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus at maximum settings gave me 250-300 fps o_O. It's paired with a ryzen 5 3600 btw. I will go with the xfx one just because it's on sale, it has a small bit of rgb and I love rgb so yeah. And I've heard that it cools very well
Sweet! Enjoy the Power! (damn you) lol.. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS