Question rx 5700 xt sapphire pulse PROBLEM

Oct 29, 2019
i just installed the gpu-today and i don;t know whats happening but its running bad.

the only thing i can think that could be prroblem is the mobo ASUS H110M-CS

i try to run some game and its running it horribly when i am supposed to have a beast, any advice? the psu is seasonic 750 focus gold.

is there some settings? something ive missed?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
i just installed the gpu-today and i don;t know whats happening but its running bad.

the only thing i can think that could be prroblem is the mobo ASUS H110M-CS

i try to run some game and its running it horribly when i am supposed to have a beast, any advice? the psu is seasonic 750 focus gold.

is there some settings? something ive missed?
Full system specs?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
after you bought the gpu, did you reinstall windows?

are you connecting the hdmi cable to the gpu or to the motherboard?

did you installed the amd gpu drivers?

can you be more specific about the problems you are experiencing?

that motherboard is a cheap low end motherboard, tell me you are not using a celeron or a old pentium 2 cores with that gpu

Oct 29, 2019
after you bought the gpu, did you reinstall windows?

are you connecting the hdmi cable to the gpu or to the motherboard?

did you installed the amd gpu drivers?

can you be more specific about the problems you are experiencing?

that motherboard is a cheap low end motherboard, tell me you are not using a celeron or a old pentium 2 cores with that gpu

i7 7700. its connected to the gpu , installed drivers from yday 12.2.2019. its stuttering af and barely holding the game running idk thats how it feels

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i7 7700. its connected to the gpu , installed drivers from yday 12.2.2019. its stuttering af and barely holding the game running idk thats how it feels
stutter can be caused by 3 factors, slow storage or limited ram, slow cpu or slow gpu, your gpu is not slow

for games these days, some games will basically feel limited with these old 4 cores i7

to know what the stutter you feel comes from you can use msi afterburner and rivatuner, to enable a ingame resources monitor, that will tell you how ram, cpu and gpu are being used

there are videos on youtube explaining how to use rivatuenr and msi afterburner that you can follow, you can use msi afterburner with any gpu, no matter the brand

Oct 29, 2019
stutter can be caused by 3 factors, slow storage or limited ram, slow cpu or slow gpu, your gpu is not slow

for games these days, some games will basically feel limited with these old 4 cores i7

to know what the stutter you feel comes from you can use msi afterburner and rivatuner, to enable a ingame resources monitor, that will tell you how ram, cpu and gpu are being used

there are videos on youtube explaining how to use rivatuenr and msi afterburner that you can follow, you can use msi afterburner with any gpu, no matter the brand

i am with 16 ram . to be clear. i was running the same games with 1050ti and i just installed rx 5700 xt sapphire pulse and the psu which is supposed to make it all better, i was afraid that my mobo is the problem but none of u seems to be even considering it.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i am with 16 ram . to be clear. i was running the same games with 1050ti and i just installed rx 5700 xt sapphire pulse and the psu which is supposed to make it all better, i was afraid that my mobo is the problem but none of u seems to be even considering it.
i did, when i mentioned that i hope you were not using a cleron

those h110 are low end models, but all they have to do is comunicate gpu to cpu, even if that h110 is 8 or 4x pci express, it shoudl work very well

did you run ddu after you removed the old gpu? run it now, remove both amd and nvidia drivers, then after ddu finishes, install the amd drivers, also use the tools i mentioned previously to see if there is a bottleneck somewhere or the problem was windows trying to use nvidia drivers with amd gpu

Oct 29, 2019
Watch the language
i did, when i mentioned that i hope you were not using a cleron

those h110 are low end models, but all they have to do is comunicate gpu to cpu, even if that h110 is 8 or 4x pci express, it shoudl work very well

did you run ddu after you removed the old gpu? run it now, remove both amd and nvidia drivers, then after ddu finishes, install the amd drivers, also use the tools i mentioned previously to see if there is a bottleneck somewhere or the problem was windows trying to use nvidia drivers with amd gpu

i used ddu and cleared NVIDIA and AMD, after which i was stuck on some loaading and needed restart?!?! i was kind of worried that i Removed up something, but i was watching video on the other pc and did exactly as told which is not rocket science tbh but still.

after the restart it was ok and i started installing the amd driver that i downloaded but it told me theres newer version, so i chose that. thats pretty much it. should i use ddu and use the drivers i have and not the "newer"? but could the problems be that bad from silly drivers

Last edited by a moderator:

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i used ddu and cleared NVIDIA and AMD, after which i was stuck on some loaading and needed restart?!?! i was kind of worried that i Removed up something, but i was watching video on the other pc and did exactly as told which is not rocket science tbh but still.

after the restart it was ok and i started installing the amd driver that i downloaded but it told me theres newer version, so i chose that. thats pretty much it. should i use ddu and use the drivers i have and not the "newer"? but could the problems be that bad from silly drivers
now proceed with msi aftrburner and rivatuner

doesn't harm if you start using now hwinfo, to see cpu, gpu and vrm temperatures, also speed all the time

Oct 29, 2019
now proceed with msi aftrburner and rivatuner

doesn't harm if you start using now hwinfo, to see cpu, gpu and vrm temperatures, also speed all the time

View: https://imgur.com/bz0HVXF
i havent tried these with afterburner and riva, but check out this weird <Mod Edit> here.

if you can zoom in that is :X :D sorry. btw this is after second cleaning of nvidia and amd and installing again the amd driver on my own.

so if its not a driver .. some part must be making a problem. ill check how to work with afterburner and ill get back to u

Nov 29, 2019
I own a 5700xt with a core I7 4770, NON K as a spare PC and it runs fine with 16GB Hyperx Fury DDR3's, Heck it out performs my daily driver😂, your issue is Drivers and game optimisation, it could also be your cpu thermal throttling or GPU, check temps send logs let me have a look. It beasts alot of games at 1440p at ultra and 1080p heck even 4K with trixx boost, but cooling is KEY for this CPU

Oct 29, 2019
Oct 29, 2019
I own a 5700xt with a core I7 4770, NON K as a spare PC and it runs fine with 16GB Hyperx Fury DDR3's, Heck it out performs my daily driver😂, your issue is Drivers and game optimisation, it could also be your cpu thermal throttling or GPU, check temps send logs let me have a look. It beasts alot of games at 1440p at ultra and 1080p heck even 4K with trixx boost, but cooling is KEY for this CPU
idk how to tag u :D View: https://imgur.com/aWPHs8f
it didnt show the temperaturre for gpu

Last edited: