[SOLVED] RX 5700 XT sound problem via HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys, im currently using this card with the HDMI cable on my TV. There are many random sound cuts from time to time. Sometimes sound cuts for 1 second every 5 second during a minute, then runs OK for 1 hour and cuts again.

When i put my headphones on and plug them to the audi port on my Motherboard, everything is perfect ! It's very annoying when i wanna watch Netflix with my girlfriend !

Tried replacing the cable with other one, same problem. Seems like a bad audio driver for the card...

Anyone ever had that same problem ?

Solution
Try something else on the TV and that should rule that out then you got two possible culprits. After try rolling back driver, if that doesn't work try another card. Good luck!
Oct 12, 2018
Try something else on the TV and that should rule that out then you got two possible culprits. After try rolling back driver, if that doesn't work try another card. Good luck!

Solution
Sep 8, 2019
Sadly there are a few of us with this problem (see this thread https://community.amd.com/thread/241539 )

In my case I've tried other HDMI cables which makes no difference, and tried a PC using an Nvidia graphics card with the TV using the same cables and that works absolutely fine so I'm sure its the graphics card or driver that is the problem.

No acknowledgement from AMD yet that this is a problem though.

David_502

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
This is indeed a problem with the Radeon Adrenalin drivers and it should only happen when the GPU is at idle memory clock speeds.
When the GPU is under load while actually playing a game as opposed to watching a cinematic or sitting on game menus, the sound cutting should not happen.

Rolling back to some of the older drivers does actually fix it because of other serious bugs that keep the card at full boost all the time. such as using certain refresh rates or multi monitor output but it's not recommended you try doing this because it's just not great for the card drawing full power and sat at full load temps while you're sat on the desktop.

You can confirm it's the idle audio problem by running a benchmark such as Heaven or FurMark in windowed mode and then listening to music or watching a video on YouTube and the sound cutting out should not happen.

There's no word from AMD on when a fix is due and currently no other solutions to work around this.

I've considered trying wallpaper engine to put a light load on my card but not got round to trying it yet.

Dec 7, 2019
You marked a solution but didn't report back what it was? Did you change the driver or did you get a different card brand?

I'm running into the same thing and its driving me nuts in DOA6. I have a RX 5700 XT Sapphire.

Jan 17, 2020
I have the same sound issue with my 5700xt. I can make it go away by changing the input on the tv from computer to tv then back to computer. It is pretty annoying but its the only "fix" that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.