Question RX 5700 XT, Usage drops every 10 seconds and goes back up? MSI Kombustor

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
Recently after installing a beta mod at Terraria, I got this weird artifact on the menu and it goes suddenly away. I got scared of that time and tried to reproduce the problem but it was gone. After that I reinstalled my drivers to the same version and the artifacting still didn't showed up.

So i tried to benchmark test my GPU with Superposition first at 1080p extreme and Furmark. They seem pretty ok with no artifacts. So I tried MSI Kombustor at 1080p full screen. After 15 minutes into the test I noticed that my usage drops in a pattern of seconds. The numbers drops at x% and not specifically at 0% but somewhere between 50-80%. It still does that even after 26 minutes into the test but the test showed no artifacting 0/0 artifacts.

So I tried superposition benchmark again at 1080p HIGH and checked msi afterburner, the graph seemed flat with a bit of spikes but not that really high measuring at mm of some sort. Tried furmark and it seemed ok.

But

When I tried to benchmark at kombustor (not stress test) my screen just stutters every second even after the result is shown but fps is constant. Looking at msi afterburner graph, my usage took a dip somewhere at the start but it doesn't correspond to the every-second-of-stuttering thing.

Help? I've been having anxiety issues with these things for 6 months now to be honest and it makes me feel like I shoud sell out my whole computer and spend the money in a productive way instead.

I'm using a320 msi pro vh plus mobo with SeaSonic 520w bronze PSU.

Last edited: