Dec 25, 2019
Hey there, around two weeks ago I purchased an XFX RX 5700xt Thicc III to replace my gtx 1060. Upon its installation, I have encountered many black screens, typically during more gpu intensive situations and all the time in COD: MW. Sometimes in Overwatch too. Also many times while running benchmarks in Unigine Heaven. However, I have not yet had any problems with Steam games, such as, CS:GO. I have uninstalled NVIDIA drivers and re-installed AMD drivers quite a few times now. Is this still an ongoing issue? If so, how do I fix it? Will AMD fix their <Mod Edit> or not? I am able to return this item until the 31st of January. I am considering it very much. However, if this is a software/driver issue that will eventually be fixed, I would be happy to wait. However, looking at other threads from months ago, things are not looking too good.

SPECS:
Ryzen 7 2700x
16 gb ddr4 2400mhz ram
750w 80+ gold psu
XFX Thicc III RX 5700 XT
Sceptre 24.5 in 265 hz 1920 x 1080
hpw2007 60hz 1680x1050
AOC 27 in 60hz 1920x1080

Also, for those of you who have done some bench-marking with this card, would you mind sharing your scores, and what setting & software you used?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Does it still black screen with only one monitor plugged in? You did use Display Driver Uninstaller when you first swapped gpus, right?

Does it black screen with the old GTX 1060 installed? Of course, you'll have to replace the drivers again. Display Driver Uninstaller, then the new driver.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Does it still black screen with only one monitor plugged in? You did use Display Driver Uninstaller when you first swapped gpus, right?

Does it black screen with the old GTX 1060 installed? Of course, you'll have to replace the drivers again. Display Driver Uninstaller, then the new driver.

Solution