Question Rx 5700xt hot

SmugAchiever999

Commendable
Jan 8, 2021
Hi, I just bought a used Rx5700XT Taichi OC. It has a massive cooler and is supposed to run at about 75c @100% utilization. Instead, it is running at 102 degrees C at 100% utilization. It isn't very dusty, the drivers are up to date, and my side panel is off. It is currently 71 degrees F in my house. What do you suggest that I do?

SmugAchiever999

Commendable
Jan 8, 2021
Can you please include the make and model of your chassis? If the case has fans in it, please state their orientation(and if possible, their makes and models, perhaps their RPM's as well)?
H510 with 2 140mm Be Quiet! pure wings as intake (front) 2 120mm NZXT fans as exhaust (Rear and top). The PSU fan is pointed inside toward the GPU (I got the orientation mixed up LOL). Ryzen 7 5800x with wraith prism stock cooler. Both side panels are open as well.

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Have you disassembled it and re-pasted it?
Maybe the thermal paste is wicked old, or the person who sold it to you just cleaned it up for it to look good and forgot to add the thermal paste. I'd rule that out before continuing with any other testing.

SmugAchiever999

Commendable
Jan 8, 2021
Maybe the thermal paste is wicked old, or the person who sold it to you just cleaned it up for it to look good and forgot to add the thermal paste. I'd rule that out before continuing with any other testing.
The warranty void sticker is on there and in perfect condition. If i re-paste it, they might not take the card back if I have to return it. I just tried a custom 100% curve as well and even that won't help it.

SmugAchiever999

Commendable
Jan 8, 2021
You're cracked, my guy. I yoloed it, re-pasted the card, and it seems fine now:) Now, do you mark it as solved? thanks a lot!