Question RX 5700XT Led1 and Led2 Not working???

Oct 19, 2023
So my friend got a RX 5700XT and after he installed and flicked the power supply on he got no led1 or led2 response from the graphics card. He turned on the computer everything boots and it works. After an hour ish he saw that his led1 and led2 started flickering white is this caused by lack of power supply? If so is it a major problem? Since he cant afford a power supply right now since he got a graphics card. Forgot to mention light starts to blink when he plays games.
His specs:
Rx 5700xt Gigabyte Aorus
I3 9100f
H310m m.2 2.0
Silentum pc 450w

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You're asked to have have at least 600W of power towards the entire system's disposal.
While TechPowerUp suggest;
at least 550W of power...
Your friend's PSU doesn't meet that threshold, and if it's as old as the processor, then you're providing far less power than the GPU needs.
+
After an hour ish he saw that his led1 and led2 started flickering white is this caused by lack of power supply?
Yes

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023
You're asked to have have at least 600W of power towards the entire system's disposal.
While TechPowerUp suggest;
at least 550W of power...
You're friend's PSU doesn't meet that threshold, and if it's as old as the processor, then you're provided far less power than the GPU needs.
+
After an hour ish he saw that his led1 and led2 started flickering white is this caused by lack of power supply?
Yes
Is this a major problem? Can he still play games or do stuff on his pc? Beacause he cant afford a psu right now.

Lutfij

Titan
How much did he spend on the GPU? ~200USD? More? He can't afford a new PSU but is willing to risk loosing the GPU, noted.

I'd move either to return the GPU or to avoid taxing the GPU or buying a reliably built PSU. Take your pick.

Oct 19, 2023
How much did he spend on the GPU? ~200USD? More? He can't afford a new PSU but is willing to risk loosing the GPU, noted.

I'd move either to return the GPU or to avoid taxing the GPU or buying a reliably built PSU. Take your pick.
Would undervolting in the amd program help?

Latest posts