[SOLVED] rx 5700xt powercolor red dragon black screen

Aug 21, 2020
Just got the card yesterday and every 15-20 mins I get a black screen no matter what am doing browsing desktop gaming everywhere even without the driver I get black screen. Installed driver without adrenaline software also didn't work. any help please? thanks

specs
motherboard gigabyte B365M DS3H
rx 5700xt powercolor red dragon
i5 9600kf
psu 700gold 80plus
ram 16gb ddr4

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Power color has the highest rma rate (more returns/failures) of all of the amd gpu manufacturers given the numbers I saw in a recent article here.

If it still doesn't work after you tried a different PSU and drivers, id assume it's the card or a driver compatibility issue.

I would return the card and get a better brand, like sapphire.
Aug 21, 2020
Never heard of that brand. The 5700xt needs a solid power supply and this very well could be the issue.

I would still try reinstalling drivers and maybe older ones.
I did reinstall drivers 10 different ones so you're telling me 700 watts gold is not enough for this card I bought like 3 months ago it's new also

Power color has the highest rma rate (more returns/failures) of all of the amd gpu manufacturers given the numbers I saw in a recent article here.

If it still doesn't work after you tried a different PSU and drivers, id assume it's the card or a driver compatibility issue.

I would return the card and get a better brand, like sapphire.

Solution
Try switching the pc off and flicking the bios switch on the 5700xt to the silent bios, this drops voltage and core clocks about 5%.

Just to ascertain if that's why the display is dropping out.

I have the same card, it's rock solid, have had no issues with it.