[SOLVED] RX 5700XT Problem

Jun 8, 2020
System Specs

PSU : Gamemax 600W Semi Modular 80+ RGB
MOBO: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
CPU: Intel Core i7- 8700
GPU: Raedon RX 5700 XT

So...... One night, i was gaming... I was finished, then i turn off my computer like any other night.... The next morning i go to boot up my computer and i get a black screen.... Basically my computer boots on perfectly, my integrated graphics work just fine..... But when i turn on my PC, the GPU lights turn on and the fan turns on but MY COMPUTER DOESNT READ THE CARD AT ALL. Cant even find it in device manager or anything. After it stopped working, I got it to work like 2 times after but it was kinda random... It was basically me taking out the GPU and resetting cmos and using DDU to uninstall drivers... When i got it to work again i played and then after i was done playing, i would turn it off... and everytime i turn it off it stops... Now i havent got it to work in awhie. BTW I literally just bought a new PSU because i thought that was the problem but i was wrong...

what ive tried:

*Updating Bios
*Resetting CMOS
*Turning off integrated graphics
*cleaning the card physically
*Tried other monitors

PLZ HERLPP <3

Solution
Is the Gamemax your new PSU, or old one? What was the other one?

Gamemax does not make good PSUs.

If this is the label that matches what's on your PSU:
71uR53cofzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

then it just reinforces that it's not a good PSU because it's only providing 480W possible to the 12V rail.

Take a look at the first two links in my sig. The first is a good guide to a quality PSU, the second is a summary of what to get if you absolutely MUST cut costs on the PSU.

That said - the PSU is a safety device, for your PC, its components, and, ultimately, your home.

You've got a decent (high end for its time) CPU, and a pricey PSU. Do not cut corners on the PSU.

Now, I don't know if...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is the Gamemax your new PSU, or old one? What was the other one?

Gamemax does not make good PSUs.

If this is the label that matches what's on your PSU:
71uR53cofzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

then it just reinforces that it's not a good PSU because it's only providing 480W possible to the 12V rail.

Take a look at the first two links in my sig. The first is a good guide to a quality PSU, the second is a summary of what to get if you absolutely MUST cut costs on the PSU.

That said - the PSU is a safety device, for your PC, its components, and, ultimately, your home.

You've got a decent (high end for its time) CPU, and a pricey PSU. Do not cut corners on the PSU.

Now, I don't know if your PSU is actually causing the problem now. It could be that the GPU got toasted by a PSU issue. But you definitely want a solid PSU first.

Solution