Feb 17, 2021
I bought a RX 570 XFX of 4Gb from Aliexpress. It started with problems since the first time, so as not to make history long, it´s a very very chinese model xd. The pattern on the backplate label says “RX-570P45DDM”, on GPU-Z, the first time i saw it it had bios of 470, I tried flashing him the supposed original of 570 from TechPowerUp but it doesn´t work, I want to believe that it is a bios problem but I cannot find it. I hope some one can help me, thanks.

More than likely you have a RX 470 with a RX 570 backplate, if GPU-Z said it was an RX 470 bios it is because it is in truth an RX 470 card. Much easier to change a backplate than bios. You got scammed my friend and it is 99% recycled junk. If as I would suspect an RX 470 and you flashed an RX 570 bios to it it is a gonner for sure.

Feb 17, 2021
:( but it is supposed to be a "real" model, I looked for the pcb and everything coincides, besides that if I'm not mistaken there are no rx 400 similar at least from that assembler. I want to believe that they put bios of 470 to mine and reduce consumption, temperature etc. I looked for it in the bios and it only appears in Chinese forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2021
More than likely you have a RX 470 with a RX 570 backplate, if GPU-Z said it was an RX 470 bios it is because it is in truth an RX 470 card. Much easier to change a backplate than bios. You got scammed my friend and it is 99% recycled junk. If as I would suspect an RX 470 and you flashed an RX 570 bios to it it is a gonner for sure.
Maybe, but I looked for the bios most similar to 470 to my card and it still doesn't work. I literally can't play, if the bios is minimally "correct", the games just crash and freeze for seconds closing them, the same thing happens with radeon software, erasing the configuration and restarting the signal to the screen.
When it is definitely not supported, when opening games or radeon software the screen gets corrupted and I have to restart the pc for it to respond again.
With another bios that I tried if I could open apparently normal games, but they looked like 5 fps without the possibility of installing drivers because it gave windows error.