[SOLVED] RX 580 8GB - gpu spikes

Luki2137

Prominent
Oct 14, 2021
Hi,
For 6 months i trying to fix my gpu spikes when im playing but i cant and i dont know why i have it. Any setting i should turn off from amd radeon software or afterburner (but no "Enable unified GPU usage monitoring" because when i turn on this i have about 50% GPU usage)
I updeted my windows 10 to windows 11 so my pc is clear and GPU spikes stay the same

View: https://imgur.com/a/VPPeJaA

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core
MB: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
RAM: Viper Patriot ddr4 16GB 2800MHz
PSU: Silentiumpc Elementum E2 550W
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series 8GB

Solution
Here are some things you can do:

= = = =

Power, down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

= = = =

In your Metrics turn on Tracking/GPU and log accordingly for a few minutes. Try other logs as well.

= = = =

Observe system performance using Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Ruin as Admin and only run one or the other at a time.

= = = =

Overall I believe that the PSU is a likely suspect. It may be nearing its designed in EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter and feel in some manner. Especially if constantly stressed to provide peak wattages around the 550 Wattage rating.

Ralston18

Titan
Here are some things you can do:

= = = =

Power, down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

= = = =

In your Metrics turn on Tracking/GPU and log accordingly for a few minutes. Try other logs as well.

= = = =

Observe system performance using Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Ruin as Admin and only run one or the other at a time.

= = = =

Overall I believe that the PSU is a likely suspect. It may be nearing its designed in EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter and feel in some manner. Especially if constantly stressed to provide peak wattages around the 550 Wattage rating.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS