Rx 580 8gb or gtx 1060 6gb

andreiiwnl

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
I currently have the 1050ti and i got myself some money and want to buy a new gpu,i found the rx 580 8gb at £230 and the gtx 1060 6gb goes for about £250 or even more,depends on the website .

Do you guys know if it's worth it to got for the rx 580 8gb instead of the 1060 or i should buy the gtx graphics card? my budget is around £300

Solution
They are pretty close in performance. The 1060 will probably yield slightly better frames on average since many games just do better on Nvidia cards, but I wouldn't say high enough to worry about. One nice thing about AMD is that Freesync monitors are generally cheaper then G-Sync so down the road you will also save money there if you want to upgrade displays. Finally the extra 2 GB of VRAM can make a difference in memory heavy games or poorly optimized ones

Just be sure you have an adequat power supply for either the 1060 or the more power hungry 580 which is upwards of 185 watts.
They are pretty close in performance. The 1060 will probably yield slightly better frames on average since many games just do better on Nvidia cards, but I wouldn't say high enough to worry about. One nice thing about AMD is that Freesync monitors are generally cheaper then G-Sync so down the road you will also save money there if you want to upgrade displays. Finally the extra 2 GB of VRAM can make a difference in memory heavy games or poorly optimized ones

Just be sure you have an adequat power supply for either the 1060 or the more power hungry 580 which is upwards of 185 watts.

Solution