[SOLVED] Rx 580 8gb or rx 570 4gb

Solution
For that configuration, the RX 570 is plenty. You'll never be able to fully make use of the RX 580 anyhow so unless you plan to upgrade the CPU very soon, buying that card would be a waste of your money. You would have much better parity with your CPU going with the 570.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would agree with @Darkbreeze - I note you mention medium-to-ultra - if you're happy enough with medium-to-high (depending on the game) settings, at 1920x1080, the 4GB VRAM is not going to be a problem for that resolution, and you should be able to average around 60 fps.

You'll definitely get more from an RX 580, but I'm seeing the price as ₹ 12,200.00 for the 570 and ₹ 15,999.00 for the 580. You're not going to get enough extra performance to justify a 31% higher price, in my opinion.

Reactions: Neeraj_kr
Sure, there are probably situations where you CAN get to 60fps, but if you look closely there are MANY settings not on ultra. Most are on high, a few are on low, depending on what game they are showing, and those are not particularly demanding games from the few that I watched on that.

So, go for it if you like. There ARE going to be games that you don't see that kind of performance in, or can't sustain over 60fps because the game is particularly demanding and is highly threaded, and on those types of games you're going to fade a bit. But it can certainly play. Much better than some systems I see people trying to play on. I'm just saying, that you could likely do that just as well with the 570 if you're going to have to drop a bunch of settings anyhow. Some games can be played on a potato. Others, not so much. Really it depends on a per game basis and whether that game is primarily single core focused.

TRENDING THREADS