RX 580 AORUS low fps

luispazbcs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone.

So I have 3 days with this new gpu. (RX 580 AORUS 8 gb) and everything was going fine.
I had in most of the games 75-60 fps with freesync in my 75 hz monitor.

I decided to try shadow of mordor to see how it went with fps and graphics and the games was a little laggy with 28-29 fps. It was weird because with my old 1050 Ti I had 50-60 fps on Ultra.

I tried Farcry 5 where i had 75 fps on Ultra with the RX 580, and again, 28-29 fps. I don't know what's the problem is or what is going on.

I would appreciate any help.

The gpu is in gaming mode with AORUS ENGINE and have 38 c temp at the moment.

I have the worst of the luck because I just sold my 1050 Ti an hour ago and the RX 580 just started doing this.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you.

Solution
Yeah it happens sometimes there can be an error with the install or not everything installed correctly but it’s usually an easy fix just reinstalling I had an issue with my old r9 380 constantly crashing after reinstalling my drivers everything fixed itself

luispazbcs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018

I did a clean reinstall of the drivers and everything is running fine again with 60-80 fps on the games mentioned before.

I got a little worried about this. Is this problem a common issue? or is something I should be worried about.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yeah you have two entirely different make of video card (Nvidia, AMD). You need to completely wipe out all remnants of the GTX 1050 Ti's drivers with an aftermarket tool like Drive Sweeper. Your new AMD card is having conflicts with the Nvidia drivers.

A clean install of AMD's drivers won't solve anything. It might work for one game, but another game might choke on it. You need to REMOVE all the Nvidia drivers first before installing the AMD drivers. Wipe both out, start over. Yes, this is common if not done properly and in the proper order.

luispazbcs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018

I did a cleaning of old drivers with DDU Driver, and installed the 18.5.1 Amd driver again. I hope i don't have the same problem at another time. Everything is running fine atm.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah it happens sometimes there can be an error with the install or not everything installed correctly but it’s usually an easy fix just reinstalling I had an issue with my old r9 380 constantly crashing after reinstalling my drivers everything fixed itself

Solution
Sep 19, 2018
Funny but I am having same issues. I had a 460 NVIDA and got a RX 570. While playing Witcher 3, I was getting less than 20fps on ultra, and about 20fps on low. I updated the drivers, which solved it to 30-50fps on Ultra. Then when I played it again, it went back to 20fps. I removed Aorus and it dropped the fps to 10fps. I reinstalled Aorus and it went back to 30-50fps. Crazy....hope it doesn't happen again.

TRENDING THREADS