Question RX 580 BSOD

Apr 8, 2020
Hello there, first post, i will try to be as specific as i can with this issue.
To start with, build is as follows:
Ryzen 3, 2200G ( OC'd to 3.7)
AsRock B450m Pro 4
16gb Patriot ram
Insigmia 8plus 450W PSU
- And i just Bought a XFX RX580 8GB.
I must add that the system is about 6 months old, then im adding my GPU so ive been ru8nning off the APU, I went into bios to adjust the launch settings for it to lauynch theu the GPU. All well and good, boots up just fine, cripsy hd visuals real nice.
So i open firefox, and within a couple minutes (from 1 min- 5 mins) firefox will just randomly start crashing, crashing tabs, windows. Edge the same, then i get a BSOD (crash, Windo0ws Service exception) That reads DXGMMS2.sys. And keeps doing that cycle.
I went into device manager and manuyally had windows look for updated drives, it said it was using the latest drivers,. I also went and downloaded all new drivers for my components. Nothing has helped, thus far.

It might be time to add this -
When i first got my system up and running i accidently download, and ran AMD OverDrive, which i was not aware at the time COULDNT run withb ryzen cpu's, not only did thbat happen, a system update took place at the same time, then i restarted. Long story short, the AODdriver2 kept crashing my comp, and the windows installer had corrupted during that install, so even still to this day i cannot uninstall Amd overdrive. So even if there is a solution i might actually be unaqble to uninstall certian things.
So Id like to fix this but am seeing i might just have to do a fresh all out wipe and start new... if so could i have some directions on the easist way to 100% completely wipe the mobo and anything that might complicate a fresh install... im just nervous that iu wont get everything uninstalled and the corrupt things.
Im extremelyu disappointed i cannt use this,
Thanks hopefully ive been clear enough, kindof confusing.
Also edit: Itake gpu out and no crashes or any program crashes at all.

TRENDING THREADS