Question RX 580 Code 43 in some PCs, but works in others

jvinsnes

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
So my Asus Dual OC RX 580 8GB is missing 2 fuses(I believe?) on the back of the PCB. They are marked with PC161 and PC162, they are broken off, not blown. I also believe these are reletad to the VRM chips, as I can't get a voltaage reading and any undervolting won't apply. It was an ex-miner card and the seller was not having any troubles with it. When I installed it in my main PC, it gave me the code 43 error when installing drivers. However, when I test this GPU in a friends setup, it works just fine. Do I HAVE to replace these fuses, or is there some other easier solution to get around this, as it works in my friends setup? And also, why would it work inhis PC, but not mine?

My setup:
i5-8400
16GB HyperX Savage DDR4
Asus Prime B360M-K
Corsair HX1000w

My friends setup:
i5-3570k
8GB Crucial DDR3
Maximus V Gene
Corsair TX650m

What I have tried:
  • Diffrent PC
  • 3 diffrent drivers
  • DDU
  • 2 diffrent BIOSes
  • Reinstalling Windows
  • Pixel patcher
  • With/without riser
How it should look:
https://ibb.co/L6qdLhn

How mine looks:
https://ibb.co/wMZfzc9

The only solution so far is to run it in my friends PC, but that doesn't really help me...

Edit: added pixel patcher

Updates:
  • Tried in my friends computer with a riser and it gave the same error code 43. When installed back into a full x16 slot it works normally again.
  • Also tried in a 3rd computer (Optiplex 990), same error code 43

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
It was an ex-miner card
All the more reason to not use it anymore. All that mining on that card would have put a horrible toll on the card to the point where it'd feel like you're gaming/working off of a GPU from 2014(I'm serious).

jvinsnes

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
It would be sad to throw it away just because it is an ex-mining card and is not the best anymore. I bought it because I got them for $40 a piece and wanted to put them to use in a mining rig and one in my gaming setup. I want to try and get this thing fixed or at least make it usable, instead of buying it just to scrap it. What do you mean by feeling like you are gaming on a GPU from 2014? I mean, if nothing else is wrong, mining won't magically lower performance/FPS over time, right?

May 11, 2021
Hi, got a similar issue. Except my RX580 is not outputting at all. Interesting that yours works in a machine. The one marked pc161 was not straight so must have been hit. I have now tore it off after dismantling the card. I'll give it another go with just the one. Did you get anywhere. RX580 is a fantastic card even if it is from 2014 and I play Cyberpunk on without issues, all be it with on low settings ;)

TRENDING THREADS