Question Rx 580 dead?

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
Hello all,

I recently just bought a new case and had the pleasure of transferring parts from my old case to the new one. Everything seemed to be going fine but when I went to test boot I ran into an issue. My CPU fan was spinning fine but the graphics card fans were not. Not only that, the usual light-up that I get from the GPU was not present and my display was receiving no signal. I've tried taking out and reseating the gpu and switching the pcie cables attached to my semi modular but no luck.

Is there something that can be done that I possibly missed or is my graphics card faulty? Keep in mind I ran my PC earlier before transferring the pieces and everything was fine.

Thanks for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you take the culprit GPU over to a known working system to rule out the same behavior on said donor system? Also If your motherboard has another PCIe slot to drop into, try that as well. You should list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
including the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
Haven't tried moving the GPU to a known working system, don't have a spare one to work with. Having difficulties placing it in the second pcie slot due to mobo and GPU size as well as the wiring.

I have a gigabyte b450m Ds3h mobo. Gigabyte Rx 580 gpu. Psu I'm not so sure how old it is because it was given to me by a friend.