[SOLVED] RX 580 driver crashed while gaming - black screen

Apr 15, 2020
Hi. I was playing the division 2, when my graphics card driver crashed/stopped working. The Radeon program also said that there was no driver available. I tried to reinstall the driver, when it froze the PC half way through, forcing me to reboot. Now i only get totally black screen when starting up, No boot Sound, No Windows logo, nothing shows if i try to go into safe mode or bios. I have tried taking out the power cable, the graphics card, and taking out the BIOS batteri while reinserting after a minute without results.
HOW can i get it working again? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Solution
Can i force the integrated GPU to be used for displaying somehow?
In most of the BIOS options there's a option named like preferred gpu or something.
You can change that to force the system to use it as an output.
Try to enter bios with your internal gpu and change the option. Then put back your GPU.

I don't see the point of that but that's the thing you requested

Hope it helps
GoodLuck
Apr 13, 2020
Hi. I was playing the division 2, when my graphics card driver crashed/stopped working. The Radeon program also said that there was no driver available. I tried to reinstall the driver, when it froze the PC half way through, forcing me to reboot. Now i only get totally black screen when starting up, No boot Sound, No Windows logo, nothing shows if i try to go into safe mode or bios. I have tried taking out the power cable, the graphics card, and taking out the BIOS batteri while reinserting after a minute without results.
HOW can i get it working again? Thanks!!!
I dont have much knowledge about drivers.... but i've experienced similar thing. Try taking out your GPU and plug your Display output cable into motherboard and try booting like that... If that helps let me know

Apr 15, 2020
I can boot into Windows using my old graphics card - No issues. It seems like the display driver in my RX580 is broken. I've tried resetting windows while using my old card as i had No restore point, same issue. I thought that would remove the bad drivers... I'm not able to see the RX 580 drivers in device manager when on my old card. Any suggestions om what i could do from here?

Using the integrated GPU works fine too.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020
Yeah skærmkort = display card, but it shows no issue under here, and no driver update available. It's only showing the integrated graphics here (Intel HD 4000), but not my graphics card (as when it is plugged in, i get a constant black screen - unable to get into windows)

Apr 13, 2020
Yeah skærmkort = display card, but it shows no issue under here, and no driver update available. It's only showing the integrated graphics here (Intel HD 4000), but not my graphics card (as when it is plugged in, i get a constant black screen - unable to get into windows)
Have you tried going into safe mode and using DDU ? https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
watch some videos on how to use it ... you will need USB with the WQHD(so you are sure there is no issue in the driver) driver and you will unintall the current driver and "flash" new driver from the USB

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP-2B14Nckw

Apr 15, 2020
Yes. I'm not allowed to install the driver as it detects i dont have my RX 580 in. But i cant install the driver while having it plugged in, due to the black screen. :/

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Can i force the integrated GPU to be used for displaying somehow?
In most of the BIOS options there's a option named like preferred gpu or something.
You can change that to force the system to use it as an output.
Try to enter bios with your internal gpu and change the option. Then put back your GPU.

I don't see the point of that but that's the thing you requested

Hope it helps
GoodLuck

Solution