• Now's your chance to speak with MSI directly! Join our AMA and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Ask your questions here.

Catch the next Tom's Hardware livestream on May 28 at 2PM Eastern: Catch the show here!

Need Hardware Help? Include the Info Requested Here.
  • Join our Best PC Builds competition and get on the Tom's Hardware home page. Check it out here.

[SOLVED] Rx 580 fail bios

kong6j

Great
Sep 25, 2019
Hello every one itry to flash my GPU but isnt worked I have problem with my rx580 nothing shown in monitor I have 2600x CPU can any one helped me to fix my problem thanks

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
Flip the VBIOS to the other position which will allow you to boot windows.

Once in windows, flip the switch back.

Reflash the bios with another one.

Try to find one matching your card.

If unhappy with the clock speed, don't reflash it. This is risky as you have found.

Just overclock the card via radeon wattman (right click on desktop, radeon settings, global, wattman) or by MSI afterburner.

Reactions: kong6j

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
If you only flashed one VBIOS and now the GPU won't boot, if you flip the switch the card will boot on the other VBIOS that is unharmed.

Once in windows, if you flip the switch back to the bad side and flash the card, the bad VBIOS will be reflashed.

Reactions: kong6j

kong6j

Great
Sep 25, 2019
Yes am sure just one side flashed so when ifilled from good to bad windows will still working or just need to restarting again to reflashed

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS