Question RX 580 fans spinning at above 3000 rpm even while idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2020
Hi, I've recently built my first gaming pc so bear with me here. My RX 580 fans are constantly spinning above 3000 rpm the moment I press the power button. Even when the temperature is low the fans are spinning extremely fast and loud. Currently the temperature is 22C and I have 3059 rpm. Here are some readings from HWMonitor and AMD Ryzen Software.

HWMonitor

AMD Ryzen Software

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz 16 GB (2x8)

Thank you for your help in advance.

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hi, I've recently built my first gaming pc so bear with me here. My RX 580 fans are constantly spinning above 3000 rpm the moment I press the power button. Even when the temperature is low the fans are spinning extremely fast and loud. Currently the temperature is 22C and I have 3059 rpm. Here are some readings from HWMonitor and AMD Ryzen Software.

HWMonitor

AMD Ryzen Software

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz 16 GB (2x8)

Thank you for your help in advance.
Use the radeon software that you provided the picture from it!

Simply put the tuning control on manual and enable "Fan tuning"
over there you can set a curve or manually set the fan speed.(using curve is highly recommended)

GoodLuck

Apr 19, 2020
Hi, thank you for the reply! You're the FIRST to reply to my thread across 3 or 4 websites! I have a fan curve, but it does NOT work. I've attached a picture here

Last edited:

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Do you have any other fan control software(trixx etc.) Conflicting with other?
Try to disable/uninstall others then try again.

And by the way does the fans works max when you turn on your PC?
Or they max out in specific boot sequence(after windows booted/after logo)

May 26, 2020
same problem
I recently bought RX 570 4GB
motherboard B450M PRO-VDH
when i started my pc the gpu fans are spinning at around 3000 RPM and cant control it manual with amd radeon software

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hello mate, I have a rx580 as well. First of all, if you're planning on overclocking or just monitoring, i would suggest the msi afterburner. Reset your radeon software to default and save. Never touch it again. Now for the fan problem, as i said, disable the fan control of your radeon software and only use msi afterburner to try and see. I would recommend you set a fan curve of user defined fan control using msi afterburner

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hello mate, I have a rx580 as well. First of all, if you're planning on overclocking or just monitoring, i would suggest the msi afterburner. Reset your radeon software to default and save. Never touch it again. Now for the fan problem, as i said, disable the fan control of your radeon software and only use msi afterburner to try and see. I would recommend you set a fan curve of user defined fan control using msi afterburner
Also, please exit the radeon software before using the msi afterburner or else they will conflict with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.