RX 580 Freezing screen, going black

acekprr

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hello im having a problem with my new RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE 8GB GPU. It's brand new from the store and at the first day while playing Rainbow Six Siege i noticed a freeze, sound looping, monitor disconnecting issue, (just sometimes the textures get buggy showing artifacts but only certain elements like bushes or doors the rest is ok) it went back to desktop but sometimes my PC needs a hard reboot.It happens in every game i played (RS2, Witcher 3)
I changed Power Limit to 50+% in WattMan, and only that. It was fine for 2 days only, yesterday and today things started to be the same. I was setting up WattMan manually and it didn't help... Well i uninstalled the drivers and installed fresh ones (no effect) i installed previous version(no effect). the temperatures are fine in my opinon they go from 35-40 idle to 60-76 during heavy load.Using Radeon Overlay i noticed that it drains up from 131W to 150W so i guess that it is ok. Im getting really sad about this cause this card costs a bit of money and i can't use at all. I was using Sapphire TriXX app to set RGB and manage overall settings i thought it may conflict with Radeon software so i uninstalled it and no changes at all. Also when i installed my new GPU i was using a Nvidia 950 before, and i installed the drivers for AMD when there were Nvidia drivers actually, may this be the case? I did delete them with DDU of course. Could someone help me to figure out whats wrong?

Rest of my PC
System: Windows 10 64 bit
Mobo: MSI B150M Gaming pro
PSU: SilentiumPC VeroL2 600W (bronze certificate)
RAM: 2x8 DDR4 2133 Kingston Fury X
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GhZ
and 2hdds+SSD

Here is a screenshot of my Wattman settings
http://

Thanks in advance. :{

Aug 30, 2018
I am experiencing the same exact issues. While the frame rate for certain games are inconsistent, the main issue is the random blacking when running a above average demanding game. Please someone help.

Apr 7, 2019
I am experiencing the same exact issues. While the frame rate for certain games are inconsistent, the main issue is the random blacking when running a above average demanding game. Please someone help.
i had the same problem and after trying a lot of fix's i checked the power settings in the control panel in cpu power management and found that the minimum processor state is at 100% i changer the value to 50% but it should be less then that so play around with it and see if it works.
the 2nd thing i did was setting a fan curve in afterburner since ma gpu fan speed went to max after the black screen crash and it seems to fixed the issue for now.
or u can use wattman set speed/temperature to manual and edit the fan and temp curve as u like and test.