[SOLVED] Rx 580 Gigabyte gaming (not aorus)

Soo my gpu as in title was used and its rev 1.0 with f10 bios (f11 can be upgraded).
Issue is that thr cooling solution is weird, in stock without any modification it reaches 85-89*C (with fan stop feature).
With undervolt to 1090/1080mV it goes to 80*C with custom fan curve and underclock to 1300mhz and 10mV drop of memory voltage.
Soo is this normal?

Sidenote; gpu was used and with previous owner not repasting the gpu (was crumbling), dusty, and some oil from the thermal pads with 2 rows replaced.
I was considering trying to fit r9 280 cooler if it matches the die or buying an accelero 3 for cheap.
Will post the underclock if needed.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Soo my gpu as in title was used and its rev 1.0 with f10 bios (f11 can be upgraded).
Issue is that thr cooling solution is weird, in stock without any modification it reaches 85-89*C (with fan stop feature).
With undervolt to 1090/1080mV it goes to 80*C with custom fan curve and underclock to 1300mhz and 10mV drop of memory voltage.
Soo is this normal?

Sidenote; gpu was used and with previous owner not repasting the gpu (was crumbling), dusty, and some oil from the thermal pads with 2 rows replaced.
I was considering trying to fit r9 280 cooler if it matches the die or buying an accelero 3 for cheap.
Will post the underclock if needed.
So did you repaste it?

Reactions: RememberThe5th
Noooooooo, Im not that daft. Its set with custom fan curve.
image.png