supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
So i've bought RX 580 8GB Gigabyte model,but even though card works fine it makes a rattle when system starts(
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRZFtMjcGs
)<=it makes the same exact sound as in this video,and it kinda ticks me off,is there any possible way to fix this or they are just made like that?
I've tried lubricating fans,and i've cleaned them,heatsink also,adjusted the fan curve in afterburner,but the problem still persist...

Solution
It lasts for a short time because once the rpm get high enough, the fan bearing stabilizes from the gyroscopic action of the spinning blades. Maybe take the card out and inspect the clearance from the blades to the plastic shroud on the cooler. Also check that the fan screws aren't loose.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Sounds like the fan blade(s) are scraping against something at [very] low rpm.
Its weird to me,cause it lasts for 1 second only and soon as does that it stops,and i've been reading threads about fresh new RTX cards that had exact same problem :/
It just triggers me on so many levels,before this one i had Sapphire 470 and it was super quiet(on startup and also when its under load)

It lasts for a short time because once the rpm get high enough, the fan bearing stabilizes from the gyroscopic action of the spinning blades. Maybe take the card out and inspect the clearance from the blades to the plastic shroud on the cooler. Also check that the fan screws aren't loose.

Solution