[SOLVED] RX 580 glitch screen

Dec 18, 2020
Hi, I just bought a new video card: Asus Dual RX 580 OC Edition.
After uninstalling the previous drivers with DDU, I installed Radeon Software to update the drivers to version 20.12.1
The problem is that sometimes when opening Radeon Software the screen glitches (I took a photo as an example).
Could it be the faulty video card or just a driver version problem?

When it happens, the screen freezes for a second, after black screen and resets itself

CPU: R5 2600
Motherboard: Asus Prime x370 A
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 3200
650W

Solution
Userbenchmark is NOT something to be taken seriously performace wise. You can only identify some issues with it. For example I can see that you have single stick of RAM which is not good especially for Ryzen. Dual channel gives a performance boost and it will be noticeable.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5wA7EFwpo

It is like trying to run with 1 leg. Doable but not as good as with 2.
Dec 18, 2020
Coolermaster MasterWatt 650.
There is any software to check GPU health ?

I will try to unistall and re-install previous driver (20.11.2)
I check on reddit that is a common issue

Dec 18, 2020
Although probable to be a driver issue, I have found from my experience that its rare to be only driver related.

GPU health can not be determined with software, only performance wise, using benchmarks. 3DMark, Heaven, Superposition, etc...

Asus PRIME X370-A Performance Results - UserBenchmark
It says Performing below potential :coldsweat:

With 20.11.2 when I try to open Radeon Software, Pc shuts down but all fans keep spinning. I can only restart by keep pressing power button

Userbenchmark is NOT something to be taken seriously performace wise. You can only identify some issues with it. For example I can see that you have single stick of RAM which is not good especially for Ryzen. Dual channel gives a performance boost and it will be noticeable.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5wA7EFwpo

It is like trying to run with 1 leg. Doable but not as good as with 2.

Reactions: Metaisdone
Solution